Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IP trace help plz.....

IP trace help plz.....

I have an annoying troll constantly playing with me. He claims he's not who I think he is (ex-boyfriend with grudge problem) but I am dead positive it's him. he told me to trace his ip. So......how would I go about doing that?
    sex can wait ~ masterbate

Hi mom!
    Do you mean you want to figure out which ip he's using, or do you want to see the route his datagrams follow to get to your computer?

Figuring out his IP shouldn't be to hard: each time you have a direct connection to him, you should be able to figure out his ip. To show a list of all active connections with IP-adresses (in Windows), open a dos-box (command shell, dos shell, whatever it's called) and type "netstat -a" (without double quotes). You'll get the entire list, so you have to figure out yourself which one is him.

Figuring out the route the datagrams follow is more ease: for windows: open a dos-box (command prompt) and type: tracert <ip>
    You'll get the ip and dns of each hop that datagrams follow to get from your computer to his. There are numberous applications that draw this information on a graphical map: VisualRoute is one.

Most of the time, just ignoring the person has a more desirable effect... Good luck.
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

First post for cavsblue05 =) Congrats. and welcomed.

now thats taken care of.

um.. yeah just do wut guus said.. he seems to know wut he's talking about..

even in his signature, thank god for italy =)
    my pages: (great resources for everyone)
    geeksarecool.com resource for computers, hacking, virii, wutnot.
    thepillbox.net archive of logs and resource for laughter.
    --enjoy these pages, as they grow.

being a newbie myself I can say do what guus says but also check out the newbie tutorial section. There is loads of information there that is very helpful!
    Dream as if you are going to live forever, live as if you were going to die today.

If you just so happen to be using *N*X the commands are basically the same.
    Being as IP was developed on BSD...major difference spell out tracert>>traceroute
    netstat -a is same. If you want more info on man <command>
    i.e.
    man traceroute
    I'm sure this is pointless as your are almost certainly using windoze
    In the breifest flash I once understood the concept of randomness as a reflex. My question,\"Is it voluntary?\"
    5amYan
    --last line--<4.6692016090

Yeah gus gave the best advice I could think of. . .the link he gave for the VisTrace'd probably be good if you don't dig on the dos windows. . .NeoTrace is another that's purty kewl if you like pretty graphics and point and clicky stuff, but I think they might not have a demo anymore.

even easier get him on irc and a server they dont hide or allow use of proxies and type /dns or /whois and the nick and it gives you it

Hey you!

I have an annoying troll constantly playing with me. He claims he's not who I think he is (ex-boyfriend with grudge problem) but I am dead positive it's him. he told me to trace his ip. So......how would I go about doing that?

Hey cavsblue05, I know exactly what your going through I had an X girlfriend who was a
    little bit crazy always stocking me loony chick, But I reported her but to the F.B.I for harrasment lots of spam and garbage etc...! But hey anyways I can help you out if you really need help just PM (Private Message) me one time. I was checking out your profile, and I must say your a cutie! I am 21/M/FL/I have a pic but I don't wanna but it on here for my personal reasons and safety, I hope you understand. But yes I am in College trying to get my associates in Computer science.

hi, im mike, and welcome to findadate.com

lol, nice one blunt,
    anyway. what i would recomend is to get urseft a firewall proggie, like blackice($$££) or free zone alarm, when he next attackes you the prog will say(example) incoming scan from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (which is his ip address) then do a IP to Dns conversionm using a program or website. when u get the DNS, do a WHOIS, uf uve got windows u can do this on the net! he whois site can either be whois.internic.net or arin, if u can find a program called Sam Spade (1.1) which can search through DNS`s. anyway once youve done that u get ur results u should get the ISP he connects through, then do a DNS querie on that. you should get the companys address, email adressses of the webmaster/admin or even Aduse@isp. from there report the ip address that attacked you, when, using what meathod and how ofen. let them deal with it. if this failes u can run a scanner on the ip address gather his network name/netbios u know enumerate and report his Netbios/ Mac address to teh admins.

#gone are the days of simple hacking, nowadays there are firewalls and network detection, gone are teh days of Finger, R morris and Kevin Mitnick.#
    (by me)
    preep
    http://www.attrition.org/gallery/computing/forum/tn/youarenot.gif.html