me aint i a cutey virus
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: me aint i a cutey virus

Unhappy me aint i a cutey virus

Hey computer guru's

I have my dat files up to date in my scan engine. I have scanned at antivirus.com. These cannot detect the virus that is on my computer running windows 98.

The file name is me aint a cutie.jpg.exe

So beware if ya see it anywhere.

This thing has disabled ctrl alt delete function that allows you to cancel programs. It seems to be making empty folders in my c drive as an attempt to fill up memory.

I have tried deleting it, but I can't because it is a running program. Any help is appreciated.

boot up to safe mode then do a search for it and delete it.
    check registry and startup.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]

PHP/PostgreSQL guy
    You might exit windows to the command prompt and then delete it that way.
    We the willing, led by the unknowing, have been doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long that we are now qualified to do just about anything with almost nothing.

yeah.. make a boot disk for win98.. boot to dos and delete the file..

i made a tut here how to make ur boot disk manually.. hehehe u can look for it in the tutorials section..

somehow the bootdisk made in windows automatically isnt as reliable as i wanted it to be.. so i made my own boot disk..

Thanks. I've tried the delete thing and this thing is written so when I restart after deleting I can't open any programs once in the desktop of windows 98. SO i had to do a system restore and get the virus back. ugh

This likely means there is a 'hook' into the registry, check out your registry keys for something that doesn't looks like it belongs. (specifically)

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\
    Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\
    Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce
    DjM

you have to modify the Registry first. I don't remember the path but it's the same one that SubSeven uses for the "unknown" option

ok..so i should delete that stuff from the registry. then reboot at the dos prompt and try deleteing the file?

Originally posted here by whammy_guy
    ok..so i should delete that stuff from the registry. then reboot at the dos prompt and try deleteing the file?
    BE VERY CAREFUL HERE....don't delete it all...just the line that contains the filename you're after...as for my other post someone that remembers the right path will be along

Don't delete the Reg. Keys. Have a look for anything that doesn't look like it belongs.

eg. something referring to cutie.jpg.exe

If you find something, come back and let us know.
    DjM