Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firewall?

Banned

Firewall?

Can anyone recommend a really good firewall... after a little "problem" using kazaa I've decided to start using a firewall and I don't know where to start.

Gracias... Jag291

Sygate, Tiny, Outpost, www.sygate.com www.tinysoftware.com and www.agnitum.com, respectively.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

Banned

I chained Zonealarm and TPF for added security.

Crank security to maximum in ZoneAlarm and do not give server rights to progs you don't know.

Read on firewalls also, they are cool to set up...
    [shadow]Scorp666, the Infamous Orgasmatron[/shadow]

I use both zone alarm and Black Ice. I was just goofing around with the two and found out that zone alarm was letting things slip through and access my computer(/me not happy with that), so now I use both. No more problems.
    thinking........

I've said it before I'll say it again ZA is flaming pile of crap.. And let me tell you something else I've lost what little respect I had for VNUNET when I read an article where the writer actually pushes ZA. Pfft! What a joke.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

I agree but it makes home networking with computer idiot parents happy. So I use Black Ice and zone alarm on the desktop and only black ice on my laptop. I like the info that you get with Black Ice, and it's much more better to those in the know
    thinking........

Banned
    Why is ZA a "flaming pile of crap"?

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    I know I've had problems with zone alarm's permissions screwing up. I'll be on the internet and then whamm.. it shuts all access. Sometimes I have to start a prog like 2 or 3 times before it will detect it going out and then ask if I will allow access. I have to reinstall it like once a month to stop this from occuring. I think its about time for a switch. I think I'm going to go to tiny's firewall. has anyone else had this problem with ZA w/ 98se.

yeah go out and look around for blackice its the best one to use in my opinion
    --=::[ LeNc}{ ]::=-- stealing your time for pathetic web sites since 1998