Thread: Flash 5

Flash 5

whats up guys?? need some information on Flash and I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I'm kinda new to Flash. I've been using Swish to get an understanding of what can be done with Flash. (Swish is great for beginners) Ok, here's my question. I was told that you can insert quicktime movie clips (.MOV) into flash segments. I was wondering if anyone here could tell me how to do that. I know I have to import the movie but its not working. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Chris

hmmmm flash 5 isn't a well equiped to do this as the new flash mx - it has added video support........go to macromedia and you can download a trial of Flash mx....is 40 somerthing megs I think

or if it is a short clip use a video editing tool to break it up into singal frames and import them into flash keeping the same frame rate as the original mov - should work ok but will be a huge file size! soz i can't help more but have never attempted to import a movie .. try flash kit they might have some tutorials on it

v_Ln

GreekGoddess
    Flash kit will also let you download user's flash templates...which was the easiest way to learn flash for me, because it was a helluva lot better than reading a whole bunch of stuff, to just be able to manipulate and play with the features on my own....They have some great tutorials though...use their forums also....people are VERY willing to help you out.

if you want to talk to peps about flash and get help with your probs try #flash on efnet
    peps there are usually really friendly/helpfull

if you see D`Amour in there tell him valhallen says he's to quit trying to chat Kinubara up and go get himself a rl woman - messin'

v_Ln

System_Overload
    Hey check out flashkit.com..... They have some good text files, and loads of other cool things..... Sometimes there site runs slow tho.....

System_0verload

Greetings Sirex,

Good Day to you! Aside from the good posts made by the other members, I would like to share to you some good links in learning Flash. The tutorials from the following sites are mostly Flash5 (since MX was resently released) however, don't get disappointed about it. The tutorials will give you a good foundation and be able to comprehend with the world of Flash .
    1) were-here forums ( a good site for .fla samples, tutorials, forums, etc.)
    2) Virtual-FX (the tutorials have been neatly categorized according to skill level of knowledge)

3) Action -Script tool box ( good site with simple explanation on the actionscripting side of Flash)

4) Design by Mark ( At the moment this site is being modified, so you better check back again. Moreover, it has a good set of flash tutorial for beginners-intermediate level. The site also has some tutorials on other softwares like Photoshop ..etc. and tips on web design).

Have fun!

----- A blessed day to all!!!----------