trillian
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: trillian

trillian

i really like trillian bcuz u can get on aim, msn, yahoo, irc, etc. all at once AND have multiple accounts running at once--plus the new version u have all the functions of aim (like changing text color, chat roomz, etc.). But>>>i need to know to if its secure....r there any programs that exploit/r there any huge holes IN or FOR trillian? by the way, lindows iz a kool idea, but i dont think it will work

Banned
    I would think that if Trillian uses the same protocols/ports as the clients it clones (IRC, Yahoo, ICQ, AIM, MSN, etc.) That it would have the same holes as these clients.... So just keep up to date on Trillian updates and you should be safe

thanx, i thought so. by the way, itz awzum u should all try it--especially since its got 100s of skinz (some r kool, sum suk)

Senior since the 3 dot era
    Yep Trillian is cool, you can make your own skinz too... a tutorial about that can be found at:
    http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/skins/tutorial/

About security:
    Trillian features Encrypted DCC CHAT
    and regular updates and fixes are available

trilian saves all your friends hotmail adresses in a comfortable txt file..

I'd like that... no way !!
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Banned
    Since Trillian can run in WINE, and Lindows is basically Corel Linux (now Xandros), combined with WINE (probably a better, more compatiable one), Trillian should be able to run under Lindows.

By the way... does anyone here that's using Trillian uses that secure chat feature? I heard it pretty secure...

Trillian secure chat is 'automatically' enabled when you connect to another Trillian user. I haven't attempted to sniff it or decode it yet; but it claims 128 bit encryption.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    I used trillian for about a week. Personally, I couldn't stand it. It was way to bloated. With all the skins and trying to connect to multiple servers and everything, it was just to big. I personally think it is a waste of space, and a ram hog. Besides the fact that no matter what anyone says, the authors are breaking the law. Yes, they should have access to AOL's IM people, but the point is, they don't. By using trillian, you are supporting criminals.

Some people love it, and that is ok, but don't try and press crappy software down my throat.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

Care to explain how they're breaking the law? Please? I'm more than a bit confused on that one.

God bless,
    --PhirePhreak
    I know you\'re out there. I can feel you now. I know that you\'re afraid. You\'re afraid of us. You\'re afraid of change. I don\'t know the future. I didn\'t come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell you how it\'s going to begin. I\'m going to hang up this phone, and then I\'m going to show these people what you don\'t want them to see. I\'m going to show them a world without you, a world without rules and controls, without borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you.

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    PhirePhreak> They are using unauthorized access into AOL's system. AOL has explicitly told them that they are NOT allowed to connect to AOL's IM system. The only way to message other people in the AOL system is to gain access to AOL's servers. The continually modify their program so that they can access the AOL server. In other words, they have unauthorized access to a server. Is that or is that not against the law?
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman