Data Transfer

Thread: Data Transfer

Banned

Data Transfer

I just bought a new computer and I need to transfer some files (including apps) from my old computer to this new one. The problem is I don't have $200 to buy some brand name file sharing program so I need to know what the cheapest way to transfer files from one computer to another.

network em
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

Just plug the old HDD into the new puter as a slave and tranfer the data then remove it. Of course you always have the choice of a serial cable to cable or null modem connection. Albeit they are SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWW.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Depends on how big they are you can use Floppy Disk or you can burn to CD or cross over cable (cheapest) and put them on the same workgroup and drag and drop. And if those don't work I have always been told mental talepathy works pretty well (near impossible) :-(
    Beware the quiet ones...

most apps have to be installed they can't be transfered over to another computer, although their are exceptions, like paint shop pro.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 The Prophet said, Isnt the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man? The women said, Yes. He said, This is because of the deficiency of a womans mind.