Thread: Outlook 2000 Glitch

Question Outlook 2000 Glitch

I've not had time to check into this further and want to see if any other AO user has encountered this little glitch (after a security patch in IE on a W2K box). When sending a web URL in Outlook all works fine except if it is about Linux! Is it me or is MS now taken it upon them self to again rule linux an unsafe URL and refuse to send it? I kid you not as I am setting up linux boxes to take over some of our network functions I am finding Outlook gets real weird places Linux Topics and goes into will to send the URL and am closing mode. Yes I've checked my settings and yes they are correct like I said only Linux links do this. Or is it just another geek challanged day I'm having.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

I thought that the about:mozilla address in IE was bad enough (It's A Blue Screen) egg... Maybe they thought they could go further... Not everyone puts in links relating to a certain thing...

BTW: I don't know about the Outlook 2000 thing because I don't usually include links in my e-mails... Must be some 'hidden' feature, like an egg...

-Tim_axe

Outlook is a pig of a program but I'm stuck with it for now. Well I don't usually send URL either but these are to my home account where I can sit and read about things undisturbed which is impossible here at work. Makes no difference in Outlook either in the body or subject it says "Outlook had dected a possible hostile blah blah and cannot send". Just want others to confirm it if they can this is getting into MS taking away a bit of personal free speach issues at least here in the states.
    I believe that one of the characteristics of the human race - possibly the one that is primarily responsible for its course of evolution - is that it has grown by creatively responding to failure.- Glen Seaborg

yeah it's happens to be but when I do it, lets say I want to send the link http://www.redhat.com Outlook will send the message but won't print out the URL. It's all little bitch but I usually but the address around ( ) and it seems to work fine.

Next thing you know outlook will hunt down your Linux partition and format it.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

Angry

This is really an issue then MS has no right in the name of a security patch to outlaw URL's. Seeing how they are guilty of not playing fair and using their OS seems that if a few would send off this little to say the media and let them explain the issue to Bug of the Day oops it's an MS thing LOL get the drift? I should not have to format the content nor url to fool a mail program. Then again the security patch also put back Outlook Express not to mention vbs support which is never installed on our config of Outlook. Yeah M$ solve your lack of understanding and let XP not send an exe wow talk about trusted computing and a moron approach gawd M$ and AOL have to be inbreeding..where is the dualing banjos sound byte.

A while back, we were talking a little about how the web mail people wanted users to visit through their browsers... Yahoo! forces you to pay to get POP3 access, but Hotmail hasn't done anything, that we really know of... Could this be a thing to promote use of Hotmail through the web? Oh well, just something that I thought of...

I'm kinda sorry I had to bring this post back up, but AO wouldn't let me PM Palemoon...

-Tim_axe