love and computers

Thread: love and computers

Angry love and computers

does anyone else see a problem w/ online relationships? my friend is "engaged" to some guy she never met in person and is under the name EliTE~BusTA B

Not on here but somwhere else....
    But still, how does she expect anything? ARGH!
    : :
    I stab you with an umbrella and then open it! Cuz I\'m sick like a diseased Ethiopian!
    -ICP
    Who\'s goin next, I\'m dyin to see, Spin The Bottle baby and give it to me!!
    -Twiztid

Here's my reply

what ever floats your boat i suppose
    I toor\'d YOU!

All I have to say is they don't work out unless it is someone that you are going to meet, sorry but been there done that got the heart break then end!
    Beware the quiet ones...

Thumbs up

I don't know. Both of my sons spent a lot of
    time in chat rooms talking to girls.
    In a way, I was impressed by it.
    When people meet in person, they probably
    don't talk as much as they do online.

It reminds me of what we've seen in old
    histories from the 1800s. People wrote
    a lot of long love letters.

I think in online relationships, people are forced to
    talk more, and reveal a lot about their personalities
    by what they say.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

lol
    try Msn zone, there was a rainbow6 "clan" called the elite, not 3lee7 31337 or anything like that. just a little thing i did in my yonger days.

preep
    aka s0d_sh00ta, lol, hey i was a good sniper
    http://www.attrition.org/gallery/computing/forum/tn/youarenot.gif.html

Flash M0nkey
    When people meet in person, they probably
    don't talk as much as they do online.
    The reason people talk more online is because you can't see the other person and they can't see you. This breaks down alot of nervousness and trepedition caused by the way you look and what yoiur body language is giving out about you.

Also chatting online gives you the perfect oppourtunity to be who-ever you want to be.
    You can change you age/physical apperance/location hell even you sex - anything about yourself - you can become some else - this can also give a person alot of confedience - esp if they are not happy with themselves in rl

But am getting way off track - can relationships over the net work? Nope i would doubt it very much. I'm in a very loving relationship and have been now for the guts of a year - not that long i know but the hardest part about it was the fact for like 3 months i was over seas studying and couldn't see my g/f - it caused both of us alot heartache but we surrvived tho a couple of times it was touch and go - what am saying is that we had known each other before i went away and we knew we would see each other soon but it was still hard - you can't establish the emotional/physical bonds needed to ensure a relationship works purely over the net - eventually the feelings will fade or someone will come along in rl and all thoughts of the online lover will be gone.

i suppouse you could simplify what i am saying even more:

[nutshell]The pen (keyboard) may be mightier than the sword - but it sure as hell doesn't beat a good old fashioned roll in the hay [/nutshell]

v_Ln

This breaks down alot of nervousness and trepedition caused by the way you look and what yoiur body language is giving out about you.
    Going to a bar and getting hammered has a similar effect.

Ever tried t make love with an actual person on your box or keyboard?
    I need to give it a try! lmao
    I wonder if my GF would agree to that!
    [shadow]Scorp666, the Infamous Orgasmatron[/shadow]

The reason people talk more online is because you can't see the other person and they can't see you. This breaks down alot of nervousness and trepedition caused by the way you look and what yoiur body language is giving out about you.
    I think this is probably true, and I think if the situation is handled right, it can lead to a very meaningful and loving relationship. I happen to know a couple who met online, and talked for awhile before they met. However, they live in the same town, and just happened to meet online, and then went forward with a normal dating relationship for a couple of years, and then got married. As far as I know, they are very happy, but this isn't the typical internet relationship either I guess.

my friend is "engaged" to some guy she never met in person
    However I don't think this is such a good idea...I mean it's nice to meet online, and develop a relationship thru words...but engaged without ever meeting....I don't think so. I mean the intellectual and emotional part has to be there, but without good old fashioned chemistry, it's not going to work, and we all know people we like very much, and talk to a lot, and are close to, but the chemistry just isn't there, and you can't make it work without that part.

[nutshell]The pen (keyboard) may be mightier than the sword - but it sure as hell doesn't beat a good old fashioned roll in the hay [/nutshell]
    Basically...that's what I mean...or at least the desire to have a roll in the hay, and how can you desire that from someone you've never seen?

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.