New Thread suggestions

Thread: New Thread suggestions

New Thread suggestions

When you post a new thread and by mistake you mispell it you go back to try and change the subject line but when you do it changes the subject line it doesn't change the thread name, so it is still mispelled on the main page.

Is there a way you could make it so that when you change the subject name the thread name changes too?
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]
    Share on Google+

JP answered this before...something about the server is set that way on purpose...I don't remember what the thread was, but if you search for it, you should be able to find out why you can't do that!

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
    Share on Google+

Banned
    Originally posted by JP here

Greetings All:

Yes, we do this on purpose. You can edit the "subject" of your message when you post it, and that's it. If your message is the first in the thread (aka, starting a new thread), then the subject of your message also becomes the title of the thread. The thread title, and other thread attributes, can not be edited for any number of reasons.

thanks for pointing this out though.
    Originally posted by JP here

Greetings:

There are a LOT of reasons why we don't let people edit thread titles. Most have to do with the way we track things in the back-end, and also because of future features that we'll be adding that rely more heavily on topic titles.

Sorry if this causes problems, but an easy solutions, would be to make sure you have the title you want before hitting the magic submit button.
    It doesnt change the title on all the pages because of they way AO tracks some things, Hmm... Maybe JP is tracking your online pr0n habits for the DoD
    Share on Google+

AntiOnline Newbie
    If you notice the error as soon as it is posted (or even later, as long as no one has replied to the thread), can't you just copy your post, then delete the whole thread, and start a new thread with the correct spelling? I suppose there is always the chance that someone might be in the process of typing out a reply to the post. Other than that, is there any other problem with this suggestion?
    Share on Google+

It takes too long and with my poor 56k modem it will take me enough minutes.
    Share on Google+

Thanks for pointing that out to me I must have missed that thread before.
    [gloworange]\"A hacker is someone who has a passion for technology, someone who is possessed by a desire to figure out how things work.\" [/gloworange]
    Share on Google+

Banned
    Greetings:

Asked and answered. Thread closed.
    Share on Google+