Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Instructions/rules needed for antipoints

AntiOnline Newbie

Instructions/rules needed for antipoints

Take a look at this site from a newbie's point of view. What in the world are these antipoints? A newbie looks "antipoints" up in a search. As of today, that search lead to 45 threads, some four pages long. How many people would be willing to wade through that to determine what this antipoint thing is all about?

I've come across comments in the posts making reference to someone not having enough points or not being here long enough to assign points to others, but no where have I seen any description of how many points or how long.

May I suggest that rather than burying the rules and description of how this operates in posted threads, that a link be provided from the AntiPoints Center to a current description. Any changes or additions to the point system would mean a revision of this description. An announcement might still be made of the changes in a posted thread, but newbies wouldn't have to go hunting through the whole site and read threads months old to find out what was going on.

What do you think?

The antionline FAQ gives some information on antipoints. Click on the link for "discussion forums." Then somewhere near the top of that page you'll see a link that says, "Antionline FAQ." Click on it, and scroll down until you see the section on antipoints.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

AntiOnline Newbie
    Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the FAQ, preacherman. Maybe it is just that I really am an Airhead, but I still think the information is far more hidden that it ought to be. I would have expected a link to FAQ on the home page, rather than a link in such tiny print at the top of the Discussion Forums page.

And I still don't see any reference to the length of time one must be a member or number of points one must have accumulated in order to assign points.

i' have read that FAQ, and hell it is really good =)
    my pages: (great resources for everyone)
    geeksarecool.com resource for computers, hacking, virii, wutnot.
    thepillbox.net archive of logs and resource for laughter.
    --enjoy these pages, as they grow.

Banned
    The AntiOnline FAQ answers a lot of questions that people ask here and there about the site and it's functions/abilities....

I still think that it's a good idea to put a link to the FAQ off the main page....

AntiOnline Newbie
    Do you suppose that if the FAQ were easier to find, there would be fewer questions asked in the forums about things which are answered there?

I think that reading the FAQ should be mandatory before you can get an account here.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=118645 This is the link to the JP annoncement on the antipoint system you can get it by clicking assign antipoints to this post then there is a link called what are antipoints.

Kindred69
    ForeverLearning

"AntiPoint" sounds like a negative thing. Point=good, anti=opposite. Opposite to good is bad. But then, I am a very simple person...

Or how about this. Since I've heard and read literally tons of posts suggesting where to place the FAQ on the homepage, or set ontop a certain Forum. Lets just email the SOB to the guy's or gal's email address. This allows no hassle, and plus, they have a copy to keep, save, print, burn, whatever.

Just my two cents.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]