Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whitehat needed in Northern Virinia

Hmmm,
    That seems quite odd that a security consultant would be needed and would be being hired from what appears to be a child most likely. I think that it is funny that Apache would be writing speed tips for win9x boxes and be in the need of a Security Analyst. But I am curious as hell, how did you find that Draziw?!

Apache,
    I am in the military what exactly are you doing here? As far as I know...each branch has it's own people to do it..I should know I am one of them. So next question is is what system are you talking about becuase hiring someone shouldn't be up to you? I have a secret clearance and know what your talking about. Hell I do it every day so please enlighten a person and fill me in, if you want you can E-mail me at

cybermagellan.christopher@us.army.mil
    Beware the quiet ones...

Last Post from me

OK folks,
    Apparently there are allot of issues on this board that im not aware of. This is a real job, and I was hopeing that a security analyst who was looking for work would answer this post. Since this post has gone south, I will close with this:

Anyone intersted in a "OnSite" Contractory position of security analyst please contact me from the hours of 9-4pm. This is not a ISSM position.

Des Miller - Senior Systems Integrator
    Marine Corps Systems Command, Quantico, Va.
    Direct Line 703-432-3044 DSN-378-3044
    millerdd@mcsc.usmc.mil or des312@aol.com

thank you for your time

DES,
    Well I would love to take you up on your offer except for a few things...

1. I am currently on active duty
    2. I am not currently in country
    3. I don't get out for another 3 years

I do what you are asking for in the Army...I am certified to run ISS and many other apps that more than qualify me for what your asking for however those 3 issues still stand. Sorry but I did get your E-mail. Feel free to E-mail me with any questions that you have.
    Beware the quiet ones...

Sorry, I didn't mean to "help" this post go south... but, you should know, real security folk tend to be more of the "paranoid" type. And posting "job opportunities" with a dot-mil or dot-gov address on a bulletin board where many are anonymous is, well... it can be "somewhat suspicious" to many of us weird, paranoid types.

Posting a link to a job posting, OTOH, might be a great way to get people from here to look directly at the job posting and you may get some good response that way.

Hope that helps.
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

Yes, I agree
    While I am in the military I am also paranoid becuase of the things that I have done before I joined...drawiz...I think you have said a great thing
    Beware the quiet ones...

A criminal background check will be conducted by a federal agency, and if all goes well, we can move to the next step.
    Dammit, there's always a catch isn't there?
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

I am now starting to understand why the issues. My mistake, im learning netequitte for these boards. You security people are paraniod for good reason...lol...and thats exactly what im looking for. draziw, can you contact me? I would have linked the job req., but im pressed for time to fill the position. Thanks for your patience folks. Apache

TechieChick
    Apache, as I said in my first post if you're for real, more power to you and I wish you lots of luck.
    I'm just cynical and careful for a reason. I trust no one.

Good luck to you.

TC

Oh, got to love .50 cal fire in the morning. Yes good luck in your venture, and I am sorry I have to go with Techie on this...I trust no one as well
    Beware the quiet ones...