Thread: Microsoft Visual C++.net

Microsoft Visual C++.net

I just bought Microsoft Visual C++.net from amazon.com to code my programs in. When i put the installation cd in (cd 1) it sais........

Could not find the file:
    An i have to press ok. I put all the other cd's in it sais put cd 1 into the CD-ROM.
    If anyone knows whats going on here please tell me. This is an expensive product.
    Please respons ASAP!!!!

Well, your first problem is using .NET software

Anyway, it looks like your comp has a problem with the cd. Make sure it's clean, and see if it works normally and if you can access files on it. Are you using 32-bit drivers or those crappy "real-mode" ones? (The latter have a tendency to truncate names longer than 8 characters)
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla ná engwar.

im using windows mellinuim edition , gateway, with pentium 4. when i click the icon in my computer section it sais could not find file. i tried cleaning the cd an it an theres no change. by the way what is wrong with .net software? ive never used it.

Banned
    Cool, One of my boxes is exactly that! I do prefer my Solaris and Mandrake on better though. Anyways, try going to the install file and locate it. Run that and you might need to install the cd program before you can use it.

isn't microsoft wonderful?

Did you try the cd on a different box to see if it worked, cause if it's the cd I would try and get you *bling*bling back.

what other box? it comes with disc 1,disc 2,disc 3, and windows update thing. when i put disk 2 or 3 in u can acces folder like sample, setup, etc. but nothing in there installs it. i have to get disk 1 to work. an what do u mean you will get me bling bling back

By "different box" he means another computer.

So can you see files on disc 1 if you go to it in windows explorer?
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla ná engwar.

I had that problem too. But I realized it was just a bug in the error message system. My problem was that when it brought up the place to put in the cd key It already had some numbers in the box. I just didn't pay attention and clicked okay. That was one problem. The other problem you may have is that you put the wrong cd in. I have to cds with visual basic on them and only on is the right one. I don't know if this is normal as I picked gasp some copys of it up at a yard sale.

Unhappy

when the message comes up i press ok and nothing happens in cd 1. when i put all other cd's in it tells me to put cd 1 in.