hmmm

Thread: hmmm

Banned

hmmm

ok is their some wierd hotmail bug exploit that i dont know about
    me and about 6 or 8 ppl i know have got emails that are empty but their about 180k? no attachments so.... is anyone else getting this problem? their all from ppl we dont know
    so if anyone knows or has an explination please tell me cause its getting me cut
    RiOtEr

one reason could be that there was a virus and hotmail caught it before it got to your box. did it have a header were it was from? ive gotten on a while back but my hotmail related that it found a virus and sent it to their lab or someplace to check out what kind.
    No good deed goes unpunished.

Re: hmmm

Originally posted here by RiOtEr
    ok is their some wierd hotmail bug exploit that i dont know about
    me and about 6 or 8 ppl i know have got emails that are empty but their about 180k? no attachments so.... is anyone else getting this problem? their all from ppl we dont know
    so if anyone knows or has an explination please tell me cause its getting me cut
    RiOtEr

I check my Hotmail account every week or so, but I haven't seen anything like that show up in mine. Are the messages that you and your friends got related in any way (same sender, same subject, etc)? I haven't heard of any exploit or bug in Hotmail related to this, but then again, this is Microsoft we are talking about so....

I'd say that lostit44 has a pretty good guess about this though...
    - Maverick

Banned
    no their random subjects from random people and their also different sizes varying around a 2 kb's and they have all come to me and my friend in the last week so if lostit is right is their some new worm doing the rounds..??
    RiOtEr

Klez is obviously making it's way around, but I'm not sure about attachment size and such. If I were you, I'd first look at what you and your friends have in common since you all got similar messages. The email could be coming from the same sender (using a forged sender address), somebody who may have your address and the addresses of your friends, possibly?

But then again, it could just be a bug with Hotmail. Have you checked around for any news on a new Hotmail bug?
    - Maverick

Banned
    no thought of that but i have got about 10 so far from people not in my list andmy addy is a wierd one so... still if anyone has anyideas
    RiOtEr
    p.s my friends ones are from different people different topics

I've once had a simmilar case in my yahoo mail account. Once I've received a mail which it's subject was in ASCII code and and about 2k capacity and when I opened the mail, the mail was empty, I took a look at the senders address the address was like this: test@test.com. I guess that it is sent anonymously, then I took a look at the header (for finding the sender's IP) but damn, the IP was like something encrypted!