Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony protects...

Sony protects...

Sony makes CDs that cannot be listened on PC so they cannot be copied. Sony also work with RealNetworks and they announced that they agreed for exchenging the technologies they use. RealNetworks will use the ATRAC3 format of Sony on its program (Real Player), also Sony's digital machines will have the RealOne Player, but it will see to incorporate the Sony's technology OpemMG, a technology for the admining of digital rights for services.

Well lets see Microsoft, Sony.....I wonder who the next person in line for the hate topics will be?
    Beware the quiet ones...

nice question

this wouldn't be a problem if it wern't for greed. sharing files had always been an underground type thing. and nobody really cared. along come some oppertunists with visions of file sharing empires and advertising dollars, dancing in their heads. pushing their networks to the general public. making money off my good intentions. making the internet a free for all. that has caused this.

things are always going to be free to people who can make it so. theres no way they can stop that. it'll just go back to the way it was, if you don't know how to make it work, it wont work for you. unfortunatly were all going to have to pay more for anything electronic we buy because some *******s tried to get rich off it.

don't get me wrong, im dead against government taking away our freedoms or supporting the media monsters and i activly do every thing i can to fight this. but not so some other money mongers can get rich of my efforts.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

That’s lame I don’t even have a stereo all I have is my computer wired through an amplifier. Hmm guess I’ll just have to stick to downloading mp3’s instead of buying cd’s.
    Its not software piracy. I’m just making multiple off site backups.

The Dutch magazine Chip (English) said that with an exact software and hardware the CDs can be copied, so they have copied a CD. The guys who copies can hope.

heh we could be going back to the copying cd's to tape

v_Ln

how bout; CD Player -> Line Out; Sound Card -> Line In. Press play on CD Player; Press record on sound recording software such as Total Recorder.

*BAM* You've copied copy-protected CD's.
    savIRC :: The Multi-Platform IRC Client v. 1.8 [Released 9.04.02]

gstudios, couldn't you use the digital optical spdif connection most common to the MD?
    that'd rock, digitali copied protected CD's

4 gstudios without an expencive card: Make ur own: http://www.ruhr.de/home/criseis/spdif/spdif.html
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Well, I don't have one. So i didn't think of that.
    savIRC :: The Multi-Platform IRC Client v. 1.8 [Released 9.04.02]