Oops! My stationery is gone!

Thread: Oops! My stationery is gone!

AntiOnline Newbie

Oops! My stationery is gone!

I know this isn't a security issue, that's why I put it in general chit chat. I don't have a teenage grandson or granddaughter (or great-grandchild) to help me out with computer problems, so maybe some of you can help me out.

I use IE 5.01 and Outlook 2000 on Windows 98se.

A couple of nights ago this website was so-o-o-o-o slow to load, even though I'm on cable, that I unchecked "show pictures" in Internet Options, Advanced. When through, I checked "show pictures" again, and the next morning all was well with my browser. I had my pictures back. But when I received an email message in Outlook which should have had stationery, the picture did not show, but came in as an attachment instead. I also discovered that when I try to use my stationery to send a message, I can see the picture on the stationery when I choose "actions-new message using-more stationery" in Outlook 2000 and highlight one of the choices. The picture will show then in the preview. But when I click "OK" and a message opens up, there is no picture, though any music on the stationery is still there.

I don't usually use Outlook Express, but checked the stationery there, and I can't even see the picture in the stationery preview there.

Is there some setting which might have been changed in the email clients that I am missing? Or do you think it is a corrupted file in Windows? What do you suggest I check?

AntiOnline Newbie

Red face Well, duh!

My old memory was the problem again! It had nothing to do with changing the "show pictures" for this web site.

About a week ago I got really ticked off about not being able to differentiate between the colors of links I had followed and those I had not on another web site. To see things better, I changed the accessibility options in Internet Explorer. (Internet options general tab | accessibility | formatting | Ignore colors specified on web pages.) Then I basically forgot about it.

Because IE and Outlook are so closely tied together, it affected everything there, too. I wasn't even able to add a jpeg or gif to my emails. Hmmm, I am beginning to get a better understanding of why people get unhappy with M$ products.