Lookin for a good shell

Thread: Lookin for a good shell

Lookin for a good shell

I'm looking for a good free shell account. I already have one but it limits commands and is not all that fast. I have found many from google but I'm j/w if yall know any good ones?
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,

Cyberspace.org(also known as Grex)
    One of the oldest free shell providers. Volunteer run. 1MB quota, limit of 75 logins at a time. Additional users must queue up to get on when the limit is reached. Running on scavenged Sun hardware.
    $ telnet cyberspace.org
    sdf.lonestar.org
    Reliable free shell provider running on NetBSD. Generally good connectivity and a decent connection.
    $ telnet sdf.lonestar.org

M-Net.abornet.org
    Run by volunteers. Good connection, reliable. Only restricted shells available.
    $ telnet m-net.arbornet.org

Nyx
    Old-time public access Unix system. Requires an annoying validation process to get to full system services.
    $ telnet nyx.net

vmsbox.cjb.net
    VMS based free shell system.
    $ telnet vmsbox.cjb.net

h14me.yi.org
    Freenet system with shell access and a bbs.
    $ telnet h14me.yi.org

www.publiclinux.net
    Linux shell accounts.
    $ telnet pub.dtdns.net

dlss.dhs.org
    Access to telnet, ftp, ssh, irc, lynx and most other standard programs.
    $ telnet dlss.dhs.org

Shellyeah.org
    Reasonable free shell service, somewhat limited command set. Sister service to Ultrashell.net, a commercial shell provider.
    $ telnet shellyeah.org

ductape.net
    Public access unix system offering shell accounts, IMAP Email, web hosting. Web registration.
    $ telnet ductape.net

rootshell.be
    Shell, 2MB quota, standard tools, no IRC due to ddos attacks. Web registration.
    $ telnet phenix.rootshell.be

hannover-internet.de/newald
    No telnet access, only ssh.
    $ telnet newald.homeip.net

XBOLT
    No telnet access apparently.
    $ telnet xbolt.net

nether.net X
    Public access Unix system in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Goes through alternating periods of acceptance of new users, and service for existing users only. Currently as of this writing accepting new users again.
    $ telnet freenet.nether.net

Hobbiton.org X
    "We have come to the conclusion that Hobbiton cannot continue to exist anymore. We have found that our ISP is too unreliable, and a more reliable ISP is far too expensive. In addition to ISP trouble, we have faced hardware trouble. Hobbiton is closing all of our services November 1, 2001."
    $ telnet hobbiton.org

Freeport BBS X
    "This system is only accepting new account requests from approved parties. If you want a free UNIX shell, please try arbornet.org, nether.net or cyberspace.org. Sorry for the inconvenience."
    $ telnet freeport.xenos.net

unix-shells.com X
    Instant signup, system is in Germany.
    $ telnet unix-shells.com

Freeshells.com X
    Appears to be non-operational. Teaser page but signups are never processed, and no sign of any free shell activity on the system.
    $ telnet freeshells.com

or for more:

http://www.ductape.net/~mitja/freeunix.shtml

there are a lot of good shell for whatever you like :-))
    the only thing that doesn\'t change is everything will always change.

umm thanks lol I had the same list, I was kinda just wanting a opinion on a shell that someone had a good expeince with and likes it. I have a shell at M-Net.abornet.org
    aislinn, Aria, BTBAM, chevelle, codeseven, Cky, dredg, evergreen terrace, from autumn to ashes,hopesfall, hxc, luti-kriss, nirvana, norma jean, shai hulud, this hero dies, tool, underoath, zao,