I bought this microsoft product, visual c++.net, and ive been having some problems. when i put the install disk in it runs setupe.exe an it sais could not find file: and i have to press ok. because im so dumb i've been messin with this thing for a week. i just found out that i could open the file in my computer by right clicking and pressing open instead of double clicking it!
So i clicked vc_setup an it said....
"The installation package cannot be installed by the Windows Installer Service. You must install a Windows service pack that contains a newer version of the Windows Installer service."
Sooo when i saw this message i realized that visual basic comes with another cd called Microsoft Windows Component Update. I put the cd in an opened it an my computer. i ran setup an it sais..
" Visual Studio.NET cannot be installed on Windows 95,98,or ME edition. You must install Windows NT 4.0 or later, and re run set up!
So i guess i need Windows NT 4.0, Buttt what is it. can i download this for free? if someoene knows whats wrong please reply! your help will be greatly appreciated!
(THANX TO ALL WHO HAVE HELPED ME THIS WEEK TO GET THIS FAR)