Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: POLL-> Coding html, java etc using notepad or using programs like dreamweaver

POLL-> Coding html, java etc using notepad or using programs like dreamweaver

So, whats the preference out there coding or using dreamworks or whatever microsoft is calling their program now days (don't know it cause I hate anything microsoft)
    thinking........

I started with notepad, but switched to MSE (Old Version Of It? ) I needed to be able to test it on the fly. Now, I don't do HTML or JavaScript as much, but I use Notepad to view source. I also had some other programs in linux, but I get scared with the coldness, and don't do my HTML right... It is better to have an IDE where you can easily run it, instead of going to file>save and click the browser, then hit refresh..., at least in my opinion. I just use some of the easier to test stuff that I have...

-Tim_axe

Using notepad right now.
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    (Romans 6:23, WEB)

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    What about vi? Or some people will probably say emacs? Then there is always pico....

In windows, I use either notepad, or firstpage (if I need on the fly viewing).
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

i use notepad... wasn't this already covered in another thread though...
    Learn like you are going to live forever, live like you are going to die tomorrow.

Propoganda

I use 1st Page 2000 on Windows and Advanced Editor on SuSE Linux 7.2. I've coded everything in hand since my first attempts with Netscape Composer didn't work too well!
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

using dreamworks or whatever microsoft is calling their program now days
    please tell I'm wrong but surely macromedia ain't associated with micro$oft???
    they made flash - brought joy to my life - they can't be a part of micro$oft they can't! they can't! they can't! they can't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/me stamps off in a huff - fighting back tears

v_Ln

Sorry man you mistook what I wrote. I did not mean to imply that that evil man had anything to do with macromedia. My bad.
    thinking........

heh thank god for that nearly took my hero away form me

/me gently strokes the macromedia logo - "shush its ok, he didn't mean it"

v_Ln

I'll use front page for the sites takes a lot shorter time... but then again I do use notpad and(what we all hate but have to use) vi.
    -{[ Joe ]}- (Joe@nitesecurity.com)
    http://www.nitesecurity.com

[shadow]I\'m Just A Soldier In This War Against Ignorance.[/shadow]