Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free

Free

Will the free zone alarm work with a 56K modem? The site only mentioned satallite and cable.Also will it show the stealth mode in the free version?

Banned
    Dont use ZoneAlarm..... Check out the Antionline FAQ (http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=220666) And choose a firewall from there

Oops,
    yes it will work, I am using free Zone Alarm with 56k modem by now.
    By the way, Acid, why you suggest not using zone alarm? you've mentioned zonealarm in your tutorial too !!! ( in the first choce!) why?

Yes Zone Alarm does work with a 56k. I was using Zone Alarm, and I have since changed. I am NOT going to mention which one I'm using now, because I'm happy with it, and not interested in changing again, and if I tell you which one I use, then 15 people will post a good reason to use a different one...lol. But it is one of the ones in the thread that ac1d mentioned. So to answer your question, yes it will work with 56k, and yes it does allow you to use Stealth Mode if you'd like.

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Originally posted here by debwalin
    I am NOT going to mention which one I'm using now, because I'm happy with it, and not interested in changing again, and if I tell you which one I use, then 15 people will post a good reason to use a different one...lol.
    LOL that happens so often here.

yes it'll work, i use it

Just download the newest version of Zonealarm, Acid> I know there are some vulnerabilities with Zonealarm but then again Sygate Pro (the newest) also has the same problem.

Thanks you all for the replies. I probably will use Zonealarm since it is free. Was a little leary to reply to the 1st reply. Afraid I had asked something tupid. One thing I don't want to happen is get ignored. I have many questions to ask in the future.

I love it here. Everyone has been SUPER. I find that forums are a good place to learn and talk to people all over the world especially when you're disabled.

Thanks

Angry

OK Acid. I tried Zone Alarm. I should have istened to you. some of my friends use it but with me I started to get "Illegal Operations" and dialup box showing when I turned on the computer. So maybe I will try Tiny Software.
    [glowpurple]How do you play the other side of a CD?[/glowpurple]

I use ZoneAlarm Pro 3.0.091 and always when y try to Log into Chat that uses Java it doesn't open the chat window, i have to shut down ZOne Alarm to enter, but it works fine .

Banned
    Unleashed: IMO ZoneAlarm is the AOL of firewalls... There is a huge amount of exploits for it and it can be shut down by any user with a few simple lines of code...... I would reccomend Sygate or Tiny