Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice regarding ping/floods, etc....?

heh i still think the best peice of advice is don't use java based irc clients

v_Ln

Hi mom!
    There's an expression that sais someone is "kicking in an open door." You just rode that door down with a medium-sized tank
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

Hi

I have to agree with Valhallen here.

An IRC chat server I visit from time has developed a real problem with "morons" who think it makes them big & Clever to kick people. as until recently access was only allowed using a Java client the users ov the server are unused to the aggrivation caused, still less how to protect themselves.

The Java client falls woefully short when faced with the kind of behaviour people see from time to time. Protection .... forget it.

And therein lies a debate i haven't seen here ... how do you deal with the morons?

I downloaded a script that included IP resolution. resolved the IP address of the idiots, hung round collecting logged examples of the DOS attacks. pinged the IP addresses, then fired off a few e-mails to the ISPS of the offenders.

It's worthy of note that the "Elite chat warriors" knew what they were doing soooooooooo much that one of them caught my (Standard Windoze) pings on his firewall, and decided that i was trying to hack his box. (he then announced this to the channel confirming that the addresses probably weren't spoofed) gotta love the mentally disabled.

BTW If you need a good script...IMHO looksharp is a superb script with better than average protection. (and the author seems to have seen sense and removed the war plugin) However you do need to tweak it a little to silence it, and translate the english properly.

Regards.

Ty all....i'll see how it goes.

TY for the info bofhandpfy where can I get this script?
    Also, TY BLitzKrieG0187 , I will also give that proxy advice a try. thanks.

quick quest: where are the best places to find anon proxy servers that are available freely to the public for use? thanks...

Originally posted here by miclante
    Ty all....i'll see how it goes.

TY for the info bofhandpfy where can I get this script?
    Also, TY BLitzKrieG0187 , I will also give that proxy advice a try. thanks.
    The Link

looksharp IRC Script

AntiOnline Senior Member
    Try this site- Great for finding public proxies. http://tools.rosinstrument.com/proxy/ Hope it helps!

- ura
    [shadow]uraloony, Founder of Loony Services[/shadow]
    Visit us at
    [gloworange]http://www.loonyservices.com/[/gloworange]