M$ Windows Help

Thread: M$ Windows Help

M$ Windows Help

I am having problems with my PC at work. The person who used it before me installed and uninstalled all sorts of tweaking programs and the like. They left and ever since when you press ctrl-alt-del the pc reboots automatically (no option to end task). I have reinstalled Windows, checked M$ Knowledge base and scanned through the registry looking for something that may be doing this. Nothing has worked. Anyone who has any suggestions, please help!

Banned
    Well, Some versions of Windows dont have the End Task dialog... Only Windows 2000 and above have it (NT, XP, 2k Pro) If it is a 95, 98 or ME system you wont get that option

Banned
    i have ME and it gives that option

eeyy, hold your horses there.. im using 98 and i have dem End Task thingy :P

Banned
    Huh, Oh.... I was thinking of the dialong in the NT based systems... Whoopsie

I know this isn't very helpful, but after searching for a solution to your problem for quite some time without any luck, all I can suggest is this-

Back up all your important data.

Now, format c:

A fresh install could be just what the doctor ordered. It sure beats the hell out of fault finding an old Windows box....

Yup might be time to reinstall winblows.
    Its not software piracy. Iím just making multiple off site backups.