Currepted Word Document

Thread: Currepted Word Document

Currepted Word Document

Hi all!!

I was working on a document recently. I worte around 100 pages which was a massive work. Then something happened on one day I came to open the document, it contained nothing but junk character. Tell me if it is a virus, hoiw to overcome it??

Any one suggest something?? Can I recover the data??

Thanx!!
    Have a Bang
    Xing

Banned
    it is a virus. I had a virus like this before that did that to all of my documents. do an online virus scan here: http://www.pandasecurity.com/Disinfect.asp?ID=5 Fill out the form and start the scan. This should detect and clean the virus from your system.

Banned
    I dunno how you could recover it. I think when I got rid of the virus (which I brought to my computer dealer and they removed it) they just got rid of the virus and everything went back to normal. The documents that were corrupted are not corrupted anymore. I think that was what they did. not unless they used system restore or sumthin.

What version of word are you using? It's possible your just using the wrong filter, or word is tripping out somehow.

A floppy a day keeps the blinding pain of data loss away.
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla nŠ engwar.

I think its one of 3 things
    -virus: You may have a slight chance at getting your data back if what ever the virus did can be reversed.
    -Word is just plain f**ked: try opening the file on a different computer
    -The file is corrupted. Not much you can do here. Open it with notepad to see if you can salvage any data.

YOU SHOULD OF KEEPED A BACKUP.
    Its not software piracy. Iím just making multiple off site backups.