Thread: 2 of my poems

2 of my poems

I just thought I'd post 2 of my best poems for your enjoyment here is the first:

we dream
    we eat and breath knowledge & wisdom...
    we make wonderful dicoveries and break throughs...
    we treat knowledge & wisdom as though it were more precious than any material object...
    we dream of a world where knowledge & wisdom would flow like clear mountain streams...
    we dream of a world where people would be judged by what they say, think, and do, not what they look like...
    we ban together to fight the evils of this world...
    we are Hackers...
    you call us Criminals...
    you would believe we do nothing more than cause chaos and wreck havoc...
    you would believe we have no values to speak of...
    with all of this in mind, we realize that it isn't your fault...
    we know that it is the corrupted politicians, mass media, and the wicked who call themselves hackers who let you believe illusions about us...
    we realize that unless your eyes are opened to the truth, we will never see our dreams come true...

Here is the second:

i've no money to offer you...
    for i have none
    i've no tears to cry for you...
    for i have none
    i've no blood to shed for you...
    for i have none
    i can only offer some advice...
    for i have some

Tell me what you think-after I get some feed back, I'll tell you what they're all about...
    “People don’t talk about anything.” [Clarisse]
    “Oh, they must!” [Guy]
    “No, not anything. They name a lot of cars or clothes or swimming pools mostly and say how swell! But they all say the same things and nobody says anything different from anyone else. And most of the time in the cafes they have the joke-boxes on and the same jokes most of the time, or the musical wall lit and all the colored patterns running up and down, but it’s only color and all abstract. And at the museums, have you ever been? All abstract. That\'s all there is now...\"
    -A conversation with Clarrise McClellan and Guy Montag from Fahrenheit 451

I just thought I'd post 2 of my best poems for your enjoyment here is the first:
    Tell me what you think-after I get some feed back, I'll tell you what they're all about...
    Dude lol! [glowpurple]I seen the same one's at[/glowpurple] www.poems.com that's not very cool dude, that's [pong]PLAGIARISM![/pong] [gloworange]It's a crime in the United States[/gloworange]

Ummm....
    well that first one I wrote about two years ago, and the second one I wrote about a year ago...
    I looked at that site-couldn't find any poems even similar to either of mine......
    “Oh, they must!” [Guy]
    “No, not anything. They name a lot of cars or clothes or swimming pools mostly and say how swell! But they all say the same things and nobody says anything different from anyone else. And most of the time in the cafes they have the joke-boxes on and the same jokes most of the time, or the musical wall lit and all the colored patterns running up and down, but it’s only color and all abstract. And at the museums, have you ever been? All abstract. That\'s all there is now...\"

you think poems.com would post those?
    i would be impressed.
    poetry is for conservatives, anymore.
    just like water off a duck\'s back... I AM HERE.

for CMOS help, check out my CMOS tut?

hmmmmm i couldnt see anything like that at poems.com do u have the direct link 2 those 2poems blunt 23
    By the sacred **** of the sacred psychedelic tibetan yeti ....We\'ll smoke the chinese out
    The 20th century pharoes have the slaves demanding work
    http://muaythaiscotland.com/

Banned
    blunt23 > If it were plagiarism, I would have deleted this thread yesterday already (I'm getting good at spotting copyright-violations...).
    I suggest you come up with real proof of your statements instead of accusing people from something they're, afaik, not guilty of, before I start accusing you of something else.

Banned
    I like the first one but it sounds a lot like The Hacker's Manifesto. Good Job!!

Thank you everyone for your comments and support!
    Much appreciated-glad you like them.
    jaguar291 - The first one was in much of the same spirit as the hacker's manifesto...
    I wrote it after reading some things in my newspaper about 'hackers' and obviously it made me very angry....
    “Oh, they must!” [Guy]