Now, I have tried to bring this to your attention a few times in chat, and I posted about it. But got no replys and only a few views.

There is a very seriouse and imminent danger lurking around the internet. The Wolf In Sheeps Clothing, better known as Windows Xp Home edition, is equipped with RAW sockets.

Data is exchanged across the Internet by either establishing a bi-directional "TCP Connection" between two machines, or by sending a uni-directional "UDP Datagram" message from one machine to another. Both of these data transferring operations employ standard sockets. From what I have learned, that means, the data packets only go to the designated connection type....TCP goes to TCP, and UDP to UDP.

As you can see from the bmp,Win XP RAW sockets, provides power through the use of a so-called "Raw Socket". A Raw Socket short-circuits the TCP/IP stack to open a "backdoor" directly into the underlying network data transport. This provides full and direct "packet level" Internet access to any VB sockets programmer.

Full Raw Sockets were created as a potent research tool. They were NEVER INTENDED to be shipped in a mass-market consumer operating system!

Way To Go Bill!