Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man

Post Wolf In Sheeps Clothing

Now, I have tried to bring this to your attention a few times in chat, and I posted about it. But got no replys and only a few views.

There is a very seriouse and imminent danger lurking around the internet. The Wolf In Sheeps Clothing, better known as Windows Xp Home edition, is equipped with RAW sockets.

Data is exchanged across the Internet by either establishing a bi-directional "TCP Connection" between two machines, or by sending a uni-directional "UDP Datagram" message from one machine to another. Both of these data transferring operations employ standard sockets. From what I have learned, that means, the data packets only go to the designated connection type....TCP goes to TCP, and UDP to UDP.

As you can see from the bmp,Win XP RAW sockets, provides power through the use of a so-called "Raw Socket". A Raw Socket short-circuits the TCP/IP stack to open a "backdoor" directly into the underlying network data transport. This provides full and direct "packet level" Internet access to any VB sockets programmer.

Full Raw Sockets were created as a potent research tool. They were NEVER INTENDED to be shipped in a mass-market consumer operating system!

Way To Go Bill!
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

AntiOnline Senior Medicine Man
    *Guesses you guys could care less....
    It is better to be HATED for who you are, than LOVED for who you are NOT.

THC/IP Version 4.2

lol wow.. thats preety informative d00d.. anyhow.. i never liked XP's security from the start..
    so far.. my ONLY fav windows OS is Windows 2000 Advanced Server.. and who ever used W2K Adv Serv. would deffinately agree its wayyyy better than any windows OS around..

GRC.com has known of this issure for quite a while now....very dangerours for home users

I never liked XP.... I dont personaly like 2k either cause of the problems i have with it and my games...

I personaly use 2k , NT , 98 SE, and i think thats all for windows....

I like NT the best....
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

Oh ya , Thanx Dr Toker for bringing this to our attension....

Some of do get what this all can mean but how about putting it in dumb terms or script kiddy terms so i can post this around to our less "informed" users such as ur avrg IRC or AIM user...

Feel free to give examples of dangers without using big words such as.... "and" and "it" just so the AOL users can understand
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

thks for the heads up.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Way to go. Like, do I really need a another reason to hate XP? Not really, but I'll take it if you got it
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

NT... *shivers..*

I think this was discussed before XP even came out...is this just deja vu or is the past repeating itself....
    You\'re either a 0 or a 1, alive or dead