"Inside" vs. "Outside"
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Inside" vs. "Outside"

Question "Inside" vs. "Outside"

So many people think it's the cooloest thing to be a "hacker" because we have access to "everything", but is it really all that great? Newsweek and Time magazines claim we have our own language, communication skills, etc. When we're just using what's taught to us or handed to us. Are "we"that bad? some of "us" may do illegal things with our knowledge and others may know how, but does that make anyone of "us" different from the people who make up C++ and BASIC and whatnot? How are we different from programmers that work for Multitrillion $ companies? I don't get it!! I'm so sick of hearing admin. at my local library and the school i go to talk about the "hackers" aka "elite few" and how bad they are.
    Any Ideas on why? give a reply. let's hear what you have to say.

[pong]Mostasteless666 out![/pong]
    I stab you with an umbrella and then open it! Cuz I\'m sick like a diseased Ethiopian!
    -ICP
    Who\'s goin next, I\'m dyin to see, Spin The Bottle baby and give it to me!!
    -Twiztid

You've said we many many times, like you want to show that you are hacker, but i have something to tell you. First, a hacker don't say what s/he is(hacker) in public, they try to keep hiden their ability and their knowlegde. Second maybe not nessecary here, to find a real hacker who will say you that he is hacker, it's a bit difficult, because they know that people don't know the difference between crackers and hackers and that people know them as criminals, so they try not to be tracked.

Talking Hackers? Where???

I personnally never tried to hack strangers... I mostly hack my own stuff only to see if it's secure enough to keep lamers and kiddies away. I sincerely doubt a "leet" hacker would have time to waste on my stuff and probably is old and wise enough to use lamers or kiddies to do his dirty work...

Remember anything can be hacked but also anyone can be traced... If I was a "leet" hacker, I would use mules... There are zillions of those hacker wannabes on IRC channels that would do just about anything only to look k0oL. In my mind that is where the danger is, not from "leet" hackers... Remember Mafiaboy? And that guy Steve Gibson wasted precious time writting about?

Enough babbling, that was my useless bit in that useless topic
    [shadow]Scorp666, the Infamous Orgasmatron[/shadow]

if I got a dollar for every time I read and answered to a thread like this I would be a freakin millionaire!

Mostasteless666: Yes it's unfair.... yes many ppl don't know what they're talking about... and hackers don't break the law, crackers do... u can become a professional hacker at e.g. M.I.T. ...
    ok, that was the basics... read some oldschool hacker ethics if u wanna learn more or buy the book "The Hacker Ethic and the Spirit of The Information Age"... it should make everything very clear (if u don't know all this already of course )... all hackers (all who consider themselves hackers) should know the true hacker ethics because this is what makes us hackers, not just our knowledge...

and don't listen to ur admin at the library... instead go and enlighten him!
    the reason why hackers are hated is because we're smart and we know a lot about something most ppl don't know sh*t about (computers)... and thx to Hollywood all the "normal" folks think we're criminals.. until we tell them otherwise of course
    good post... but there's many just like this... go do a search in the archives... maybe u'll some some good answers to ur question there...
    peace!
    zion1459
    Visit: http://www.cpc-net.org
    \"Software is like sex: it\'s better when it\'s free.\" -Linus Torvalds

damn! two ppl posted while I was writing mine.. lol... hmmm.. just felt like sharing that
    zion1459

ii-monk... most hackers like telling ppl what they are... because they know they aren't breaking the law and want to share that info with every1 else... one of the most important things in the hacker communities is sharing information etc... and I'm not talking about warez here
    I AM A HACKER AND PROUD OF IT! hehe I'm a white hat... I've never broken the law by abusing my computer knowledge and I hopefully never will...
    zion1459

Oh, i forgot sth. And those guys who say that they are hackers (such as zion1459, but not as Scorp666, because he told me that it was a confusion), they just want so much to be hackers, but in fact they don't know anything.

Banned
    heh heh, I want some stock in a 'Multitrillion $ company". . .

Flash M0nkey
    heh heh, I want some stock in a 'Multitrillion $ company". . .
    I'd rather just own a multitrillion company

another wee thing to throw in and complicate the argument even more - what about the different forms of hackers? white hat/black hat & even the illusive grey

Are black hats actually crackers? or are they comletely dif?

v_Ln

Question Now What did I say?

Monk? Where did I talk about confusion?

I am dazed and confused, I know that but sure don't remember talking about it

I am not a hacker, I am a SOB

SOBs have no ethics and smoke weird cigarettes lmao

I am also a Space Cowboy and a Mutated Freak...

I am not a Pony though.

If that makes sense to you, call the paramedics
    [shadow]Scorp666, the Infamous Orgasmatron[/shadow]