Hey, let's ban everything, or Whatever happened to parental responsibility.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey, let's ban everything, or Whatever happened to parental responsibility.

Angry Hey, let's ban everything, or Whatever happened to parental responsibility.

Found this today...

http://gamers.com/news/1144156

So, can someone tell me where this crap is going to end? Think movies, think TV, think music. Then think cigarettes and alcohol...
    Are these folks prepared to generate a happy medium in video games? The very premise doesn't hold water...

POINT BLANK...LIFE is bad for you. What the hell are these politicians and parents trying to do? I'll tell you what they are trying to do. Exonerate themselves. "It's not my fault, it must be the video games" "It's not my fault, it's the drugs" "It's not my fault, it's the 'influences'". WHAT THE **CK?!? Is there no such thing as parental responsibility anymore? These **cking intellectually vapid morons sit their kids down in front of the TV to 'babysit' them, in order to take the unholy 'stress' of being a parent off of their indigent, 'i can't be bothered to raise a child' shoulders, and then they have the audacity to bitch and moan about what their kids (their RESPONSIBILITY) are seeing and experiencing? What the **ck is going on? **cking IDIOTS! Have any of you ever had a problem designating the difference between right and wrong? Have any of you ever stolen a car, **cked a prostitute, blown up an armored car with a rocket launcher and collected cash from a gangster only after beating his rival to death with a club? WTF!!??

The greatest threat to our survival as a nation, a world, and as a species lies in the likes of those who DENY THEIR RESPONSIBILITY to support it. Parents, wake the **ck up!...Your kid, what s/he learns, sees, and most importantly, accounts as reality is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY, not anyone else's. WTF ever happened to "Son, it's just a movie, it's not real" ??!?

To those who support this kind of lawmaking...take a good long look at yourself. Do you see your child as a commodity? Do you even care, in the end, or do you just like to piss and moan about how horrid this world is? You like making excuses for your own irresponsibility, don't you? Let's update that previous phrase to "Son, it's just a video game, it's not real..." Too hard for ya? Well, then **** YOU!, you don't deserve to be a parent. Take some **cking responsibility, for **ck's sake...

In turn, I must say that I, myself have a daughter, and another on the way. She agrees that this kind of crap is unneccessary..."Dad, I know, this stuff is fake, I'D NEVER WANT TO SEE IT HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE"

You half-assed jerks that keep referencing Columbine to everything should boil your heads. True enough, that was a tragedy, but it also was a combination of faults(real faults, not Doom)...Inattentive parenting, and the total unrecognized randomness of teenage emotional stress. In other words, totally **cking random. But right away, people were looking for an excuse...**cking depressing, if you ask me...

Entitlement is the newest craze, and it is bullshit. So long responsiblity, so long parenting, so long individual guilt...

**CK THAT.

Ouroboros

Aww, **ck it, I'm gonna go play Resident Evil...HEY!, I'm 'of age'...**cking zombies

O
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

AntiOnline Newbie
    Ouroboros, you seem to have a rather limited vocabulary. It distracts from your message.

Banned
    He's of age to rant with profanity *joke*

It is rather discouraging how people place blame on videogames....
    I hope that that bill passes....
    All it's going to do is the same as beer...
    Older people will buy/rent for younger people, or, it'll increase the traffic of warez games....

just check this site on a previous political blame on games
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...ghlight=gaming

ok, here's a link to a slightly better(IMO) article:
    http://msn.com.com/2100-1106-899612.html

my opnion can be found here
    -8-

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who dont.

Well....after about half way through the article I just said aw **ck that is annoying...I don't like that view that they have however my daughter walked up to me after watching a movie...she is 3 and said "daddies a biatch...well when I asked my wife it turned out she was watching "Friday" with my wife...needless to say that stopped
    Beware the quiet ones...

Banned
    What about games like Ages Of Empire?
    It involves killing humans!

What about that?
    It's games like that where I learnt about historical things like Gangus Khon (I know I mispelled it), and not in high school....

Also, if the bill is passed, who plays "Censor"?
    Please tell me it's not Congress of the US!!

Why should children be kept from playing games like Doom?
    It creates great hand-eye coordination and quick reflects!

Banned
    daddies a biatch
    Aww... that's cute

At least you're executing your parental expectations..... some people don't and just hope that congress will take care of it....

Originally posted here by Airhead
    Ouroboros, you seem to have a rather limited vocabulary. It distracts from your message.
    I hope you are kidding...if my (supposedly) limited vocabulary is a factor in your understanding of the message that I am trying to convey, then I am not speaking to you...

Emotional Response, anyone?...real passion in idealistic belief anyone?...
    Heaven forbid that I curse or express any real passion in my thoughts...oh, wait...my original post has now been rated 'M' for 'Mature'.

Ouroboros
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

AMEN!!

Seriously, parents are the one's who decided to have the kids in the first place (and if they didn't know it could happen, or thought it never would, just because they weren't "trying" or something when they ****ed, they're just stupid). Just like owning a dog (pardon the reference), they are responsible for the child's actions until one of them dies or the child turns eighteen. Trying to limit anything because your afraid "the children might see it" is a stupid excuse. If you don't want them to see it, don't let them have access to it in the first place. It is not (despite popular myth) the community's responsibility to raise the children, it is the parents. If, by the time the child is old enough to play, even comprehend these games in the first place, they do not know the difference from right and wrong, real and fake, they need either medical treatment or new parents, since by then they should have been taught that by the parents.

Not only that, the fines and penalties proposed are excessive and do not properly fit the so called "crime", and in truth should not even be there in the first place. A fine of $1000 dollars for selling a $40 product, to a youth who should by then be able to judge right & wrong, real and fake, is horrendously excessive, and the same goes for the younger ones who might not be able to, because their parents should be with them in the first place and judging what the kid can get, after all, it's almost blatantly displayed on most games, and any parent who does less is at fault, not the child or the sellers.

In sum, politicians are acting like their normal selves, catering to any and all causes that might boost their votes, no matter how wrong or how misplaced the attitude is. It is the parents responsibility to watch over their children, no one else should have to do it for them. Any attempts (especially by the government) to do so borders on restriction of free will (unfortunately, not constitutionally guaranteed), and brings us yet closer to an even more degenerate society, where no one is responsible for their actions because they can always blame it on someone/thing else, and where everything we can/are exposed to is government controlled.

Some people are just absolute ***(fill with expletives/curses/etc. of your choice)***
    Preliminary operational tests were inconclusive (the dang thing blew up)

\"Ask not what the kernel can do for you, ask what you can do for the kernel!\"

Ouroboros, I agree with you. I may be drifting a little bit off the subject here, but hear me out.

About a year ago My Friend, I , and his parents and sister went out to BlockBuster to rent a video game and movie. We found a game called "Rockies Revenge" or something along the lines of that. When we got to the check out line, the guy told his mom that the game was rated Mature and was not appropriate for kids under 18.

My question is What Age group plays video games?
    WHY the **** do they make games that aren't appropriate for kids . The game i was trying to rent was about a fuking squirrel. I bet the percentage of people who play gamez who are over 18 iz less than 10%.
    Why make a game if only 10 percent of your audience can play it?
    Its just plain stupid i say!
    Now if the squirrel didn't swear, the video game wud be rated G .
    Just Plain Stupid!
    XPaCiScOoL

[glowpurple]\"Your Smallest Flaw is my greatest Strength.\" - Me[/glowpurple]