Going for broke
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going for broke

Going for broke

Ok, I have another question. Hope it hasn't been asked before. If so, please pardon me.

Is there a program for making a web site that does not require HTML? Suppose you could just drag a working animation onto the page or anything you wanted or even something from another web site. Mainly something that I don't have to spend a lot of time learning.
    [glowpurple]How do you play the other side of a CD?[/glowpurple]

TechieChick
    You should try to learn, it's pretty entertaining...

That being said, i'm fairly certain Geoshitties allows you to create as you wish without needing to know html.

Actually, I wanted to build it myself and put it on my ISP's site.

I do have 1st page 2000 but it seems hard. I can put text on it and change the background, etc but everthing seems too hard for an idiot.
    [glowpurple]How do you play the other side of a CD?[/glowpurple]

TechieChick
    Oops, you are limiting your abilities by telling yourself you're an idiot. If you tell yourself you can do this, then you can. Sit down with the software and a good reference book and figure it out. Everybody starts somewhere, there isn't one person here that popped out of the womb knowing HTML or any other programing language.

you can write it all in text, without any html tags whatsoever, however, it will of course just look like a plain text webpage (not that there's anything wrong with that, especially if you need to convey information without needing anything fancy).

regards,
    mark.
    \'hi, welcome to *****. if you would like to speak to an operator, please hang up now.\'
    * click *

the whole fun of building your web page is learning how to do it in the first place.

start off small with basic html stuff. after a while you'll progress to scripts, php, java, perl.....

think of it as a qualitatively....not so much as how it looks in the end, but what you learned getting there.
    U suk at teh intuhnet1!!1!1one

Try here to learn some HTML....It's easy if you follow the simple steps and creat something for yourself..Much pleasure in it!!

http://www.htmlclinic.com/

Flash M0nkey
    there is a post here -> http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=219120 which shows some peps opinions on the best editors....txt and WYSIWYG
    me? I would say the best web-development tools are
    • A notebook
    • A pen
    • Immagination
    • Attention to detail
    • Patience

but software wise you can't go far wrong with Macromedia flash & dreamweaver

v_Ln

GreekGoddess
    So true....

*LOL*

I'm completely rebuilding my homepage....I think I'm going to try it in flash this time around....I just remember my very first one, very basic vertical page with a lot of HR's and silly little images....then I moved to tables and then to CSS when I decided tables were too plain....

I've learned so much, just by trying....and it's far more rewarding and brings more pride to a personal site especially to create it all yourself.

Hooray for notepad and a good idea.... *S*

Flash M0nkey
    heh GreekGoddess once you've flashed you'll never go back

/me blushes - *ahum* not like that
    '-Lifts ur minds out of the gutter-'
    I meant that when you see the kind of results possible through macromedia flash you'll love it - but IMHO try and get a copy of flash 5....MX just eats up too much space/memory and doesn't really bring you anything new cept alot more freezes/crashes but then again some people find it alot easier to use (not me) and more stable (DEF not me) so perhaps u should try both and see for yourself

v_Ln