Windows XP, multiple user accounts

Thread: Windows XP, multiple user accounts

Snohomish WA

Angry Windows XP, multiple user accounts

I'm using Windows XP home edition (a clean install from an upgrade cd) on a 7.32 GB partition formatted NTSF. Only thing on this partition is Windows and the related updates, and is currently using 2.11 GB of the available space.
    I have a total of 256 MB of RAM on my system.

I have three seperate user accounts set up, myself as administrator, and my two room mates each as limited users.

Any time either of them try and access their hotmail accounts, IE freezes up and I get an error alert in event viewer showing an application hang. I also receive in event viewer frequent warning messages about Windows saving user registry while an application or service was still using the registry during log off. The memory used by the user's registry has not been freed. The registry will be unloaded when it is no longer in use.

The other problem is that we can not get MSN messenger to work in either of their accounts...the program simply will not open unless my account is open.

I have tried changing their accounts to administrators, that didn't change the occurences at all.
    I have also tried downloading and installing messenger from their accounts, but all attempted installs failed.

I'm out ideas....anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you

If you want to make God laugh....make plans.

Hmmm, Sounds like the PID is *****ed up.... All the programs that are shared (MSN, Hotmail) are messed up... Try taking your account off of the programs/services and then let them try to login