Resignation

Thread: Resignation

Talking Resignation

This has been around a couple of times, but I got it in my email this morning, and it fits my mood today, so I thought I would post it for us all to remember, and for those who've never read it--enjoy!

Resignation!
    I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an ADULT. I have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of an 8 year-old again. I want to go to McDonald's and think that it's a four-star restaurant.
    I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle. I want to see who can
    blow the biggest bubble. I want to think M&M's are better than money because
    you can eat them. I want to drink Kool-Aid,and eat lemonheads with my friends. I don't want to change clothes because I got a little dirty. I want to enjoy everyday like its summer vacation. I want to return to a time when life was simple.
    When all you knew were colors, multiplication tables, and TV show theme
    songs, but that didn't bother you, because you didn't know what you didn't know
    and you didn't care. All you knew was to be happy because you were blissfully
    unaware of all the things that should make you worried or upset. I want to think
    the world is fair. That everyone is honest and good. I want to believe that anything is
    possible. I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited by the little things again, like a new hot wheel. I want to live simple again. I don't want my day to consist of computer crashes, mountains of paperwork, depressing news, how to survive more illness, and loss of loved ones.
    I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, justice, peace, dreams, the imagination and mankind. I want to be in the roller derby and actually believe The Three Stooges are real.

So...here's my checkbook and my car-keys, my credit card bills and my 401K
    statements, my pager, my Cell Phone, my palm pilot, my fax machine and my DVD
    player, and last but not least my mortgage book. I am officially resigning from
    adulthood.

And if you want to discuss this further, you'll have to catch me first
    cause...

"TAG YOU'RE IT AND YOU HAVE COOTIES"

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

hehehehe

I agree ... catch me if you can ....

/me takes of his suit, and puts on an old, battered, dirty, pair of jeans and goes and rolls in a puddle.

nenner nenner nenner :-P

Personally, I'd keep the DVD-Player, but that's just me...

It really would be nice to go back to throwing rocks, riding bicycles, and building forts in the desert... I remember the 'business' some friends and I set up, trying to sell the iron dust off of an old magnet we ripped out of something laying around... Just toss, and little spikey hair every where... Ahhh, those were the days...

-Tim_axe

Oh no..

is this some sort of mid-life crisis or something? come on guys your too young for this sort of thing.
    Snap out of it fellows.. i think you should be smok'n something.

nup your it... nennner nnnnnenner nnnennnner :-P thththththut ththththtthththththththut
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

lol.. oh how i wish to be like that again.. hakuna matata.. hehe

GreekGoddess
    So...here's my checkbook and my car-keys, my credit card bills and my 401K
    statements, my pager, my Cell Phone, my palm pilot, my fax machine and my DVD
    player, and last but not least my mortgage book. I am officially resigning from
    adulthood.
    I'm keeping the cool stuff like the cell and the palm pilot....but bills....HELL YES, take them away....TAKE THEM ALL AWAY.....

*LOL*

And be a naif again? No I'll stay right here. Child like can be a good thing. Childish is not.
    Trappedagainbyperfectlogic.

Banned
    Amen. . .