Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Posting threads

Posting threads

I would love to be able to post threads more often however it takes me about 5 minutes to be able to get to it becuase my connection is so slow. Is there a way or maybe I am not looking hard enough to put a "Post Thread"button on the homepage?
    Beware the quiet ones...

Join the club....

How am I to take that...You have that problem or to "shut up and quit whining"?
    Beware the quiet ones...

If you go to the forum you want to post in, there should be a quick thread at the bottom.

That's all the help for a slow connection I have. Unless you get another connection, which doesn't seem likely since you are in the desert.

Peace
    - Ganjica Hempwarrior
    America - Land of the free, home of the brave.

Originally posted here by cybermagellan
    How am I to take that...You have that problem or to "shut up and quit whining"?

Alot of us have that same problem...No big deal though......ya just get use to it.

OK, I am on 3kbps connection literally and was going to try to find a text only version of this page but I gave up, I disabled all the pictures I could in the user options and still am like 10 mins behind everyone
    Beware the quiet ones...

LOL.....Dude, that's the slowest connection I've ever heard of. You could start your own "slow" Club here at AO...

Can't you get he Afghani Telco's to come and test your phone line? Sounds like an earth fault to me.....

Banned
    only thing I can suggest it to put bookmarks of each tread section in a folder, then you'll have a quick way there, instead of going through the forum section then to the specific tread forum....

Re: Posting threads

Originally posted here by cybermagellan
    I would love to be able to post threads more often however it takes me about 5 minutes to be able to get to it becuase my connection is so slow. Is there a way or maybe I am not looking hard enough to put a "Post Thread"button on the homepage?
    One good solution I have. Write a smal .html file with the links to the post new thread. Then save it to your local hard drive. Browse to it, open it, set it as your home page. When you open your browser or hit your home button you'll have a direct link to it and anything else you want to add.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.

Thanks I think that is what I am going to have to do. And the reason it is so slow is becuase we are supporting 210 users on a 288k pipe, and can't get more bandwidth...I am the ISP here....has anyone really heard of an Afghani ISP?
    Beware the quiet ones...