Thread: Extracts: Know Your Enemy

Extracts: Know Your Enemy

Found some extracts from the Adison-Wesley book Know Your Enemy:
    Revealing the security tools, tactics and motives of the blackhat community
    . This makes for some interesting reading .
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

Banned
    I'll have to read that once I get home.... thanks for some good reading....

I'll have to put it on my Palm.....

str34m3r
    I read three chapters and would like to read the rest. Do the other chapters exist in ebook form or do I have to bite the bullet and spend $50 on a book? Just to clarify things - I'm not opposed to paying for the book, I just want to be sure I can't LEGALLY get it free before spending the $50.

Hi mom!
    str34m3r, check your local library. If the don't have it, ask if you can put it on some sort of wish-list.
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

str34m3r
    Grumble, grumble, grumble.... That means I have to find the library.

Despite my grumbling, I know that finding the library is a good idea. It's just that I recently moved to the area and haven't bothered to find the local library, much less go through the full FBI background check that it seems to take recently just to get a library card. Perhaps next weekend I can take the time to get a library card. I certainly enjoy a good book, whether it's computer related or not.

Remote_Access
    I posted an article similar to this one. Click here. You can read the "Know your enemy" series at the honeyney project.

Remote_Access

str34m3r
    RA. I'm just curious, but what happened to the last underscore on your user ID?

Remote_Access
    This is a new ID.. I changed my password a week or so ago and I can't rember WTF it is. So now I'm gonna use this one. And yes I tried to use the passwerd recovery fourm but it didn't werk. Blah.

Remote_Access
    Yup yup. Tried that. Ah well.. it's all good. Any who, good post smirc. And remember folks *cough* str34m3r *cough*.. we have a neat feature on AO called "PMs".

System_Overload

Thumbs up

Good stuff buddie... I really enjoyed it....

System_0verload