Caching streaming media

Thread: Caching streaming media

Question Caching streaming media

hello ppl,
    This apparently isn't a security question, but I wanted to know if its possible to cache streaming media. For e.g, if I watch any movie trailer on Windows Media Player, can the file while being relayed be stored somehow on my local machine? Thanx for any help.

sorry about the double post!!!

mmm...no they don't. Have you looked at your cache after you watched a streaming media? It probably wasn't there right. You need to get some type of video recorder. Really the only media that gets stored in you internet cache is Flash files.

Take a lot of consecutive screenshots.
    savIRC :: The Multi-Platform IRC Client v. 1.8 [Released 9.04.02]

Originally posted here by freeOn
    Really the only media that gets stored in you internet cache is Flash files.
    Technically the only thing that probably wouldn't be in a static cache are streaming media files... and those are still, technically, "cached" because your player is almost always faster than your connection to the streaming server (they're just not stored in any place it would be useful for you to try to get at them (read: often in memory)). So things like images and web pages should normally be in your cache (and Flash is just run out of file similiar in nature to GIFs and JPGs (no it's not "an image" but I can't think of a better way to explain it right now)).

Personally I've been waiting for someone to come up with a good "tee" function (similiar to the UN*X command of the same name) for streaming stuff
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

Flash M0nkey
    see my answer to ur other post
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=227648

v_Ln