Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What REAL Hackers Do

What REAL Hackers Do

Note: this post is directed at the stupid Sub7 users and other stupid kiddies that come here asking us how to hurt people.

HERE'S WHAT REAL HACKERS DO:

Today, I was surfing this site and found a post asking everyone what their first box was. I went in to have a peek (I even replied to that post. One of the posts had a link to a site that had an online computer musem in it. I go over there and take a look around (I had owned or worked with a lot of those old boxes over there in my younger days). While I was doing that I happen to see something that peaks my interest: information about the Apple Lisa. I had known that the Lisa was the forerunnrer to the Mac and that it never sold well but not much else and I wanted to learn more about the Lisa. Having this desire, I go to Google and type in "Apple Lisa" and hit Search. Boy, did I find tons of stuff!! Do you realise that the Lisa had 1MB of RAM...in 1983?!?!?! The Lisa was also the FIRST personal computer to use a GUI interface. Even more astounding to me are the large numbers of people out there trying to keep the Lisa alive and kicking. People have come up with a whole bunch of hacks for their Lisa's. One individual even built an Ethernet NIC for his Lisa and runs it as an active webserver. Keep in mind that Lisas have no Ethernet or even a TCP/IP stack built into the LisaOS, so this was quite a feat that he pulled off. People have ported UNIX over to the Lisa, and there are listserv's and other places that people can go to find parts and other items needed to keep their Lisa's running. One site even has all the old software preserved so that people can use it to restore their Lisas. To keep these great pieces of history alive requires REAL HACKERS dedicated to the preservation of our ways and history. It's THESE people that should be looked up to as what we are....and not the lame kiddes who hurt others.

LOL... reminds me of my old VIC20 days (I'm not sure, but I think Commodore technically had a GUI that pre-dated the LISA).
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

lol wow 1983.. that was a year after i was born.. hahah cool..

Originally posted here by s0nIc
    lol wow 1983.. that was a year after i was born.. hahah cool..
    Oh geez.... now I feel old. Thanks alot. :wink:
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

Oh Lisa you are breakin my heart, you are shakin my confidence daily

Was in the mood for an oldie...
    [shadow]Scorp666, the Infamous Orgasmatron[/shadow]

Wasn't that Cecilia, not Lisa?

nah I think that Scorp has ported it.. here what was this taken from..
    "I've got flu babe"
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Sorry for the mutation of Cecilia into Lisa... What can I say, I am an artist...

I guess you could say I hacked Simon and Garfunkel! lmao

More Lisa facts:

First personal computer to use a mouse

Memory could later be expanded to 2MB (WOW!!!!!!)

5MB and 10 MB HD's were available (another WOW!!!!)

Cost: $10,000 1983 dollars (what killed it, OUCH!!)

I bet if you keep it for another 20 years, you will sell it for 10 times that money