looking for program

Thread: looking for program

looking for program

i need to network two computers together via modem connection directly.
    both are running windowsME.
    does anybody have a link to some free software that can do this.
    *the wise do sooner what the fools do later.
    --Gracian

If I am not mistaken, that stuff is included on the Windows CD
    [shadow]Scorp666, the Infamous Orgasmatron[/shadow]

Banned
    Ummm, You could set up a VPN.... Just search google for VPN in WinME, That should help you

i'think it easier to connect them via direct cable or network card, but if you want...
    i've found this adress about connecting two computers via modem. check it whether this helps you.

as far as i know you don't need a special type of software it should work like a network connection....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Knowledge is the Real Power"
    \"Knowledge is the Real Power\"

sorry forgot the adress:

http://www.jagshouse.com/modem.html
    \"Knowledge is the Real Power\"

Banned
    I'd search for a network card and research on google.com a way to use a ethernet card to network two computers. I'm not great at networking so try searching google a bit.

ooops didn't notice the via modem bit! What's the point? I would use a null modem cable if it's only to transfer stuff
    [shadow]Scorp666, the Infamous Orgasmatron[/shadow]

thanks meister for link.
    one of comps is lap w/no network capabilities that is why, should have written that in post!
    *the wise do sooner what the fools do later.
    --Gracian

Banned
    well even if it did have network capabilities what if he just wanted to do remote networking....

I Havent messed with windows in a long time.... but if you have 2 phone lines you can do 1 of two things, i belive you can set your computer to recieve incomming calls and then log in (using an account you set up) and then using terminal commands for copying your file.... or what ive found easier is to set up a fileserver or maybe even a webserver on the computer you want to share files and that way you can not only access it from your other computer but from any other computer available with your browser. i dont know if that helps much but its my 2 cents worth