AO metas
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AO metas

AO metas

I think maybe you should do something abou the METAs, JP. People might get the wrong impression.... just a thought.

<META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="Computer Security,Hacking,Hacker,Crackers,Virus,Virii,Webpages,DOS,Denial of Service,files,links,encryption,spoofing,news,texts,password,port monitors,key logger,phreaking,boxes,wardialers,patches,exploits,fixes,hot fixes,antionline,bugs,technology,">

Good Idea, could make the Scriptkiddy percentage drop with about 10 or 20 percent..

just my Euro 0,02
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

str34m3r
    I know I've had a problem with it before. I went out of town a few weeks ago to visit my family and my only connection to the world was through my parents filtered internet provider. Their service classified AO as a criminal behaviour site and wouldn't let me access it. I filled out a form to have someone take another look at the site, and I explained that it wasn't pro-hacking, but rather anti-hacking, but I never got any answer back.

I was at my school, checking AO, only to find it blocked by Novell Bordermanager. I was given a little user/password prompt for what I must assume was an override. Figuring I didn't want to spend my 15 minutes of time trying methods of circumvention, I just typed in a username "WhyDidYouBlockThis?ItHasGoodForumsAndIsn'TIllegal" (or something of that vein, I don't remember)

Surprise surprise, next week unblocked? Who can say? It's nice when the technology coordinator's computer-laden office is a short walk away...
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

I didn't think that those parental thingys worked on METAs, I thought that they already had a huge long encrypted list of sites to block. But maybe that is just some of them.

Hi mom!
    While on the subject of headers... you could include a favicon header to each generated page :P
    I wish to express my gratitude to the people of Italy. Thank you for inventing pizza.

hmm i think JP could just get rid of the following META names..
    Hacking,Hacker,Crackers,Virus,Virii,spoofing,key logger and phreaking
    coz those are the ones that attracts kiddies..

I haven't seen many posts about "phreaking" ever. So maybe he should get rid of that anyway.

Banned
    just my 10 c
    JP is running a buisness of this site.. so he wants all the attention he can get?? works well as he reguraly has 200 + ppl on at one time
    he earns most of his living of this to take away his flow of script kiddies / possible clients etc etc
    RiOtEr

Yeah, I guess. That makes sense. So maybe taking script kiddies away from the site is a bad idea. But something has to be done, because some people are getting really annoyed and some old member are starting to leave.