Favorite AntiVirus Program?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite AntiVirus Program?

Banned

Favorite AntiVirus Program?

Whats your favorite antivirus program. Mine is McAfee. My second is Command 95. How about you?

I am a cheap bastard so I use free stuff... As long as it works and has free updates, I run it!

This is were I get most of my free stuff :

http://www.webattack.com/

I sometimes use the Infamous google.com

I never use P2P for apps...
    [shadow]Scorp666, the Infamous Orgasmatron[/shadow]

I liked Innocolate It! and Norton AV

I have used Norton AV for many years, and it has served me very well. I also have used Innocolate It from Computer Associates when it was free, but it is not free anymore...

However, when it comes to virii and Trojans, not just one type of AV is going to be the answer to all your problems. You might want to also consider anti-Trojan...moosoft has a nifty program to find and detect trojans, and it is called The Cleaner. It too has served me well over the years, and was worth every cent.

I had used Norton for several years until the 2000 model blew my OS out twice on the first automatic update try, couldn't get a carbon-based lifeform anywhere at Norton... So, I got Panda Platinum online, they gave me a link to their download site for a copy until my disk arrived a few days later. Panda-Borg works very nicely, extremely configurable, doesn't use too many resources, works fast on it's scans and "phones-home" to papa-bear every day for AV-signature and program updates. It has caught three or four attacks that got past my friends lesser AV programs. Recently I had to reload my 'puter from format, and Panda reloaded like a champ with the original username and password they gave me on original purchase. That was nice, quite unlike my firewall (ZoneLabs Pro) that wanted to know my original receipt, creditcard number, date of purchase and something else before they'd issue me another "rolling-registration-number", so I used the original ZaPro disk for a frizbie and bought another firewall from someone else. But back to the AV... Panda is my choice, I'll renew that product every year.

InoculateIT has been wonders for me. But alas, all things must (or may in this case) come to an end.

I'm thinking about switching over to GRISoft in a while. But not sure. like Scorp said: I am a cheap bastard so I use free stuff... As long as it works and has free updates, I run it!
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Grisoft works good...

Use the .cz site for update, it's somewhat less busy then the us one...

I just installed Antivir for XP, my GF has is and it looks good...

There file scanning process is called Luke FileWalker ( A nice touch in my mind... lol )
    [shadow]Scorp666, the Infamous Orgasmatron[/shadow]

I tend to cruise all the "free online" ones, when I'm worried enough to scan... but, given that I've had both NAV and Mcafee refuse to find EICAR in the past, I've not been terribly inclined to give them any money (though I must also say that I know that more recent versions of NAV were successfully able to locate EICAR - I'm not sure I've revisited mcafee though).
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

I use McAfee.
    Its not software piracy. Im just making multiple off site backups.

System_Overload
    I use Norton Antivirus and McAfee Antivirus......

System_0verload

Kapersky AVP. Since the Russians are so good at reverse engineering and pirating. They should be good at AV software. It uses very little resources and has always detected and captured all my tests and the real thing as well. It runs great on my XP box. They make a version for Linux since the mainstreaming of .rpm's now. So have some others.
    The COOKIE TUX lives!!!!
    Windows NT crashed,I am the Blue Screen of Death.
    No one hears your screams.