Java, Perl, C++, anything?????????

Thread: Java, Perl, C++, anything?????????

Question Java, Perl, C++, anything?????????

I'm lookinh for a chatbox on my site. A free one that is. One without banners etc and one where I'm the mightiest being on the chatbox if you know what I mean Is this possible? If so, how do I do this or where can I find one? I'm NOT familiar with perl, php cgi etc zo please be gentle
    Bleh.

chatbox? Do you mean a Forum? If so and you have PHP and mySQL access, check out www.phpbb.com - pretty neat program.
    savIRC :: The Multi-Platform IRC Client v. 1.8 [Released 9.04.02]

No, i mean a chatbox. I checked out the program though, it's very nice! Just what I needed for a forum. Thnx. Do you also know something like that for a chatbox?
    Bleh.

Not exactly sure what you mean by "chatbox". Care to explain further?

Is it:
    A: web interface to IRC
    B: Interface to "private" IRC-like server

Well, i'm fairly new to that IRC stuff. Is it possible to have a free IRC chatroom which is accesible from one site only? If that's possible then its A. If I have to have one of my own then its B. If its either of them, please explain how to set them up-and-runnin.
    Bleh.

Well, if you go with a web-interface to IRC, then you will configure it to tell the program, what network to join, and what channel to join upon connection. I am not sure, but I would think there would be a way to have the web-interface automatically send a 'key' (irc channel password) for the channel of your choice, so that people on IRC don't or can't, join your channel spontaneously. That would make it somewhat private. Or, if you can't figure out how to make the key work with the web-interface, then you could set the channel to +s (secret) then, people on IRC won't see it, therefore won't join it. But with both of those suggestions on how to keep your channel private, you will have to keep a Bot, or have someone in the channel at all times. Because if you don't, the channel is 'destroyed' and the 'key' or the +s will be lost, because that channel no longer exists.

You can find a web-interface to IRC, here: http://www.hotscripts.com/Java/Applets/Chat_Systems/

or if you find that the interface to IRC will not work for you, look here: http://www.hotscripts.com/search/?qu...c&category=all

Thanx, that's just what I needed.
    Bleh.