Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can i make windows look like unix?

Post How can i make windows look like unix?

How can i make a windows broswer appear to a server as though the user is using a *nix based machine?

If I understand your question correctly, one of the ways to make a server see your browser like it is coming from a Unix machine is to use a proxy server that resides on a Unix machine.

However, if your question is about how you trick a server in thinking your OS is a Unix machine when you are actually running Windows is beyond me. The best answer I can crop up is use Unix.

If this did not answer your question, please reiterate.

Banned
    your trying to beat cyberarmy eh?? try a program Proximitron.... program it to make the server think your using mozilla

hope that helped

You can make Opera, tell the server what browser you are using:
    Internet Explorer 5.0
    Mozilla 5.0 - 4.78 - 3.0
    Opera

But just doing that, won't help you completely. If I am correct, the headers also reports which OS you are using.
    savIRC :: The Multi-Platform IRC Client v. 1.8 [Released 9.04.02]

here is what i do when im on my moms win98 machine running aol, i log into my linux computer using ssh, then use Links to surf the web, and BitchX to chat.

actually wouldn't you be using lynx to surf, not links...although links would technically let you surf, but you need a browser first...
    http://www25.brinkster.com/cheeseball

-- Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment--

Links is another text based browser.

EDIT:
    What about Cygwin and XFree86. I know that Cygwin allows you to run posix programs on windows.

Please note, that I could be wrong, and I have never used Cygwin myself.
    savIRC :: The Multi-Platform IRC Client v. 1.8 [Released 9.04.02]

Banned
    domes right goto google search for proximitron
    and its like the first link d/l it then find a working anon proxy and shove it in and then play with your headers
    RiOtEr

Jeez. Some people... IMO the point of Zeb was to quiz people on what they knew, rather than giving them narrow goals to learn about and then move on.
    [HvC]Terr: L33T Technical Proficiency

thanks for the advice guys....... as some of you have probably guessed i have aol and i'm trying to do the zeb challenges and I'd really just like to find an easier way than to setup a linux box (btw i have installed and played with it before on my computer... but it was just hard drive space began getting precious)