Thread: VB6 question:

VB6 question:

I have a bug in a project.using mswinsck.ocx. when I make a connection to a server everything is fine, but when I type ‘bye’ or ‘quit’ to end the session on the server, my project still says connected and if I attempt to send another command before I ‘reset ‘ the app and set the value in the‘connection ‘ property of the ocx to false, it throws out a ‘wrong protocol or connection state ‘ error and crashes.

Does anyone know how I could check for a connection and reset the connection state property of this ocx to zero, before the data attempts to send? it checks this property before it sends now.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I'm assuming your using winsock control in vb6 so maybe if your using winsock make a command button like this. Or do a if statement. So if it sees a "Bye" in your text box it will do a winsock1.close. That's my guess really quick and dirty.

Private Sub Command1_Click()
    Winsock1.Close

End Sub

Check out www.vbip.com I think they have the answer in one of there tutorials

Is this the kind of thing you're looking for?

Code:
    Private Sub clWinsuck_Close()
    If stateConnected = True Then
    If clWinsuck.State = sckClosing Then
    clWinsuck.Close
    stateConnected = False
    End If
    End If
    End Sub
    OpenBSD - The proactively secure operating system.

Thanks for your input. while searching vbip and trying to rewrite smirc's code this came to me.
    So far it seems to work.
    If sckTterm.State = 7 Then
    sckTterm.SendData txtCommand.Text + vbNewLine
    else
    yada
    yada
    yada
    End If
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”