Who is asailkat!?!?!?

Thread: Who is asailkat!?!?!?

Flash M0nkey

Who is asailkat!?!?!?

Ok whilst really bored was surfing through AO's member pages trying to find the the earliest member (going by user id number - eg mine is 21941)

of course JP has #1 & Webmaster (AntiOnline Admin Automated Site Bot) has #3 with #2 pulling up a big blank -

I then started checking every 10th number 10/20/30 etc till i got a hit at 30 asailkat
    so then to make sure he was the first i started at 21 & worked up to 30....yup no users in between so am taking from that that asailkat is the first member or a test done by JP is actually more likely when you look at the entries

07-30-2001

Member Status:
    AntiOnline Newbie

Online Status:
    User Is Offline.

07-30-2001 at 10:33 AM

[ 0.00 posts per day ]
    [0% of total posts]
    Search for all posts by this user.

Last Post:
    Never
    so if asailkat isn't the oldest member who is?
    Well you gotta look further on up the user id numbers to 35 where we find xraystan

07-30-2001

Member Status:
    AntiOnline Newbie

Online Status:
    User Is Offline.

11-21-2001 at 05:15 PM

[ 0.09 posts per day ]
    [0% of total posts]
    Search for all posts by this user.

Last Post:
    11-15-2001 03:17 PM
    NEWS: Nokia
    so he was with us for 3 and a half months but has now gone on to different pastures so am back to square one.....

well I ain't bored enough (well not quite) to sit and go through every number to find a still active poster with the lowest user id - if you think you may be that person however please reply to this post and be announced as a true AO veteran

heh I did say at the begining of this thread that i was very bored >_<;

v_Ln

There seem to be a lot of users who signed up somewhere around Aug 2001 (just after AO got the facelift and new forums), who haven't posted anything at all, or who haven't posted for months.

At a wild guess, I'd say someone like Negative, Terr or Ennis would be one of the earliest users, I remember when there were only ~2500 of us and about 8 forums, how things have changed.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Flash M0nkey
    who haven't posted anything at all,
    hmmmmmm but then you gotta take int account those who signed up purely for the downloads as well........
    or those peps who just lurk & read the posts but never reply

v_Ln

Yeah, you can't count the voyeurs as they don't contribute.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    I didn't come to AO before July 2001, but I am pretty sure there was still a "membership" at the time. What I am trying to say is that on July 30, 2001, obviously there was a new database setup or something. I am sure there were people that came around before that though....
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

If I remember right we had to sign up to check our AO email.
    \"SI JE PUIS\"