Only in Canada

Thread: Only in Canada

Only in Canada

Only in Canada would one of our esteemed Government officials make such a comment:

Foreign leaders worried about security at next month's G-8 summit in Alberta should relax: among their protectors will be about 500 wild bears, says Prime Minister Jean Chretien.
    Security by wildlife.....what next

If you want a laugh, the whole article can be read HERE
    DjM

Erm, actually that comment is right on track. The place where they are holding the meeting (I've passed by) is practically in the middle of nowhere, in mountainous terrain. There is pretty much only one highway in, and one highway out. Getting past security would involve a lot of work and some wilderness skills, so it is likely that there will be very few protestors there.
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla ná engwar.

Yep but perfect for a task for of commandos to sneak an attack out of the woods and quickly fall back... But then who would be nuts enough to try and mess with our ubb3r l33t army? LMAO LMAO LMAO I can't stop laughing at our army
    [shadow]Scorp666, the Infamous Orgasmatron[/shadow]

LMAO LMAO LMAO I can't stop laughing at our army
    i'm going to be charitable and assume you mean the state of the equipment our forces have to deal with....don't laugh at the men and women who serve under the most ridiculous of conditions...30 y/o helicopters that take 8 hours of maintenance for every hour in the air...submarines with dents in them...this is not a failing of our service people...it is a failing of our government...which is nothing new...read about vimy ridge...hundreds of canadians died in that battle because the rifles they were given did not work...

laugh at the politicians who ask these people to do their jobs without the proper tools...not at the people who put their lives at risk daily...

i've extensively hiked in K-country....the area where the summit is taking place...and it's accessible by 2 roads...and one is a gravel forestry trunk road...i've been tracked by a grizzly with a 9 inch wide paw...i've been charged by moose...had my boots eaten by a porcupine...half eaten alive by mosquitos...the protestors will not have an easy time of it....but it is some of the most spectacular country in the world...so maybe they'll at least have some fun...i know i'm a bit pissed...as last year we weren't able to hike there due to fire problems...and now due to the G8...(both hot air problems i guess)....
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

I am laughing at the equipment for sure, our soldiers would rule the world with suck equipment as the US, UK, France's forces...

Actually my uncle served in Chypre, Liban, Israel and Egypt. Not the mildest spots on the planet at the time... He says our army now sucks big time with their old rifles... Not to mention they were sent to Afganistan with Kaki gears!!! Talk about targets in the desert...

Of course a commando force wouldn't care much about Bears, Mooses, etc. since they would be equipped to kill...

With all the terrorists that transit via Canada, I am not 100% sure they couldn't assemble a task force and sneak upon that location... Who knows with those twisted killing freaks?!?!
    [shadow]Scorp666, the Infamous Orgasmatron[/shadow]

Just because our government says stupid things does not mean the military wont be able to protect the G-8 leaders. The military has been training nonstop to deal with all kinds of different crap that might come down. They have a large number of members assigned to the area and lots more standing by incase they are needed. If your wondering how I know this my son is in the military so I get some of the inside scoop.
    No good deed goes unpunished.