Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hack attack

hack attack

Alright, I set up a unix box and i want to have a small wargame so
    heres the details
    ssh -l test 207.233.102.53
    the password: test
    It will prob take a good 5 to ten min to login, this is a security mesure,if you get root have fun

I just want to say that this IS legit....me and Ben have been talking about this on AIM

Banned
    Hey would you guys like to help me and work for the NWP thing I'm doing? It's also like a wargame type project and I wanna know if ya wanna help. Pm me for details.

Hmmm...

Victor Valley Community College (NETBLK-CSU-VVCC) CSU-VVCC
    207.233.102.0 - 207.233.102.255

Claims to be: wile.victor.cc.ca.us

Yet:

Name: wile.victor.cc.ca.us
    Address: 207.233.102.7

...though the IN-ADDRs aren't setup.

(no, I didn't "hack" it)
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

hahah.... Tumble Weed Tech as i like to call it
    draziw your a 1337 h4x0r
    I toor\'d YOU!

Ummm... this just looks like a really poorly secured subnet at some (possibly unsuspecting) school.

And again, I didn't "hack" it or so anything unreasonable or probing... just making a couple of innocent observations. (No offense, but I wouldn't normally try to "hack" anything just because someone posts that someone should try it)
    \"Windows has detected that a gnat has farted in the general vicinity. You must reboot for changes to take affect. Reboot now?\"

hmm maybe he does own the box or atleast set one up for a wargame but its connected to his school's network.. i do that some times.. i have my own private network in my school's network.. and my network is dedicated to testing things..

Banned
    Yeah, I do that sometimes with mine. I use it also for WebServer and all that because it helps alot with costs! LOL

haaha....i am a unix admin for the school.....draziw....i was being facetious...
    your just mad cuz you cant hack it j/k
    I toor\'d YOU!

Originally posted here by linuxcomando
    haaha....i am a unix admin for the school.....draziw....i was being facetious...
    your just mad cuz you cant hack it j/k
    LOL... nope - didn't even try... just some very basic enumeration. Like I said, not like me to just "try something" that I'm not sure I have any business doing - perhaps if I had a signed request asking me to give it a try, then...

BTW, if you're a UN*X admin for them, you should get them to at least fix their DNS and the like...