Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Animals to Sue Owners

GreekGoddess

Animals to Sue Owners

"Rather than being regarded as property, as animals now are, chimpanzees and other higher mammals should be represented directly in courts in the same way that abused children are appointed legal guardians, Wise argues. Wise has been leading the cause to grant higher mammals the right to have suits filed in their names. He says his strategy is to begin the battle for chimpanzees and eventually win similar rights for other animals."
    Read it here...

Banned
    Interesting....
    Thats all I can say.......

Where do you draw the line? How sentient does an animal have to be in order to get legal representation. Could someone sue me on behalf of my dog because I don't always take her the way she wants to go while on walks? What if someone sued me on behalf of the cold virus I overcame, or the bacteria on my hand killed by disinfectant?
    Elen alcarin ar gwath halla ná engwar.

hey ac1dsp3ctrum u can sue peps now
    messin'

v_Ln

GreekGoddess
    Originally posted here by thesecretfire
    Or the bacteria on my hand killed by disinfectant?
    That I would enjoy seeing...

OMG, you killed BACTERIA....you BASTARD....

Nah the couldn't sue you and win it would be self defense:-)

i'll probably catch hell for this, but, i agree with then. it is a start.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I don't necessarily know if this is the right way to do it, but some people are so cruel to animals, there needs to be much stiffer penalties for it. People who get their kicks from inflicting pain and suffering on animals aren't much better than child abusers IMO. Now, I know it's not quite the same thing, but you're still picking on a defenseless, most of the time harmless animal. Some one needs to protect them. I'm not talking about anti-hunting sentiment or anything like that, but people who go around and set fire to dogs and cats.

Deb
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

I have to agree whole heartedly with Debwalin.
    live life, don\'t just endure it

Thumbs up

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm
    going to sue my owner if she doesn't
    start treating me better.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

with scientists that say animals don’t experience emotion and a church that states animals are without soul, what could be more appropriate than for lawyers to defend them.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”