AO EMail
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AO EMail

Banned

AO EMail

Hmmm, I was thinking of signing up with an antionline.org email, but whenever I do I get about 20 subscriptions to magazines and E-Zines automatically.... So I suggest that AO.com should set up a POP3 email server with each member having their own email when they sign up (for example, i would be ac1dsp3ctrum@antionline.com, freeOn would be freeOn@antionline.com, etc.)

Banned
    yeah, I'd like that too.

...[WebCarnage] would be webcarnage@antionline.com ...But look mate, I'm not sure what the hell, or where the hell for that matter, you subscribe to. But I have AO Email (thats at antionline.org) and I get absolutely no subscriptions to mags or E-Zines at all. I'm not quite sure on how the setup was, but if there is a place that asks you which mags or E-Zines you would like, or your "intrests" simply pass that and don't click an option.

Furthermore, it'll only take about five minutes, max, to simply open up each email (mag or E-Zine) and hit the "unsubscribe" button or icon. No biggie man.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Indeed. You are automatically signed up with all news letters having to deal with those subjects. Say, you clicked on the "Sports" checkbox, you will be subscribed all the news letters having to do with sports in that particular signup's database. So, for further reference, when a signup page asks for your interests and you don't want bulk mail, don't click on any of them.

However,
    in the messages that you recieve from the news letters, at the very bottom (because they don't expect you to read it all the way down there :P) there should be instructions on how to unsubscribe to the news letter/mailing list. If there is none, then it's called Spam, that's when you can take action.
    Viper

Banned
    I didnt click on any yet I still got tons of subscriptions...

Where do you signup for antionline email?

\"SI JE PUIS\"

Banned
    Well from what i understand talking to JP hes turning the old AO server into a webserver for hosting members websites, and well if i were him he might as well turn it into an e-mail server as well, wouldnt take much more effort.

In the future thats probably what is gonna happen.

AntiOnline Senior Member
    Well, last time I talked to JP, he was integrating the PM system here on AO into antionline.net email. So, any email sent to uraloony@antionline.net would show up in your PM box. Things may have changed since talking to JP, but thats all I know.
    [shadow]uraloony, Founder of Loony Services[/shadow]
    Visit us at
    [gloworange]http://www.loonyservices.com/[/gloworange]

Thanks.