Thread: X-client For Windows 2000

X-client For Windows 2000

I Need Some Help Finding An X-client For Windows 2000. If You Know Any Links Or Programs For Widnows That Allow Me To Connect To My X Server On My Linux Box Please Post Or PM Me. Thanks
    -Ezekiel
    There Are Four Colors Of Hats You Need To Watch Out For: Black, White, Grey, and Red. The Respective Meanings Are \"Cracker\", \"Hacker\", \"Guru\", and \"Victim\"

I have used ReflectionX with great success and loves the ease of this program. Its aint free but its worth the check out if you can afford it.

Source: www.wrq.com

ReflectionX product info

The only PC X server certified for Windows 2000, WRQ® Reflection® X accurately renders and displays graphical X Window applications on a PC desktop. It includes terminal emulation for connecting to character-based UNIX applications (including VT and Linux console emulation) and an FTP Client.

Key benefits

Simultaneously run multiple desktops—CDE, GNOME, and KDE, for example—with settings appropriate for each environment.

Run complex OpenGL 3-D applications on your Windows desktop; built-in GLX support means you don't need to purchase a separate module.

Support for Microsoft Windows Installer speeds deployment. Minimize footprint on the desktop by installing just the features users need.

Host systems

Solaris
    Tru64
    UNIX
    AIX
    HP-UX
    IRIX
    EWS-UX/V
    SCO UNIX
    ADPS-UX
    News-OS
    Siemens
    Bull
    Dynix
    Linux
    OpenVMS

Operating systems

Microsoft® Windows® XP, Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows NT® 4.0, Windows Me (Millenium Edition), Windows 98, Windows 95, Windows Terminal Server Edition, Citrix MetaFrame

System requirements

Any system that meets the minimum requirements for the Microsoft Windows operating system
    Memory: 18 MB minimum
    Disk space: 17 MB minimum
    Video card: 256-color minimum; 24-bit color recommended. Accelerated OpenGL video card suggested for 3-D CAD/CAM applications.
    Mouse: 2-button minimum; 3-button recommended
    Transports: TCP/IP, DECNet, UNIX Domain Sockets
    Hope this info is of any help.

Well I Have Two Linux Boxes And A Windows 2000pro Box In My Room. I Have Two Monitors On My Desk I Dont Want To Add A Third One. Also If I Can Find A Good X-client I'll Eliminate One Of The Monitors. I Only Use Windows For Gaming I Depend On My Linux Box For Web Browsing, Gaim, BitchX....So On. I Can SSh And Run Text Based Programs For Most Of The Part But I Want To Beable To Run GUI Apps.
    -Ezekiel
    There Are Four Colors Of Hats You Need To Watch Out For: Black, White, Grey, and Red. The Respective Meanings Are \"Cracker\", \"Hacker\", \"Guru\", and \"Victim\"

If you have all boxes in the same room why not buy a KVM-Switch and use only one monitor/keyboard/mouse for all three computers?

I do use at work a Belkin Omniview™ KVM Switch and im satisfied with the product.

Belkin is not as good as KVM-Switches from Black Box but they are much cheaper..

I Was Thinking About Getting A Switch But It Would Be A Cupple Of Weeks Befor I Could Buy One, So I Was Looking For Something I Could Hopefully Be Using With In The Next Cupple Of Hours. Thanks
    -Ezekiel

Also I Do Use VNC But I Was Hoping By Using My Xserver I Would Be Faster.