Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I did it!!!!!!

I did it!!!!!!

I downloaded ZoneAlarm free and it will let my Sympatico connect! But one question to anyone that has ZoneAlarm, does the internet lock have to be locked to stop trojan attacks?

It seems to be making my internet alot faster too!

Banned
    The Lock option simply stops all network activity between your box and the outside world...

Banned
    So in other words... No, If you do enable lock it would just prevent you from accessing the internet alltogether.... I reccomend you look at this or this trojan port list and block those ports

Banned
    Guess I forgot to actually answer the question.... oops.

Ok it’s been awhile since i've used za but im pretty sure that it does'nt make your internet faster.

it's not zonealarm...it's just that everyone folowed that sage advice of this thread

http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=227886

and you're the only one left using sympatico.....

btw...za should stop most if not all trojans (and spyware for that matter) from phoning home...so make sure you watch those pop up alert boxes....
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson

I dunno why it is making my internet faster cause if anything it should be making my whole computer slower (more space added to hard drive).

do I have to block these ports or are they already on ZoneAlarm (default)? and also, does ZoneAlarm automatically block trojan attempts and if not, can I make it so it does?

za's default security setting will stop all of the inbound and outbound connections that it is designed to block...which is most...but not all...search the archives for za...there are several problems with it that may or may not concern you...

you shouldn't have to manually set up any in bound or out bound port blocking...since za is designed to notify you of connection attempts to all ports...again...usiing standard techniques...there are ways around it...but za if certainly better than nothing....i prefer tiny pfw myself...although i did run za for several years...
    I used to be With IT. But then they changed what IT was. Now what I'm with isn't IT, and what's IT seems scary and weird." - Abe Simpson