Cleaning a CD Player?

Thread: Cleaning a CD Player?

Cleaning a CD Player?

Everytime I go and get a BRAND NEW cd and put it into my cd player the cd player ruins it. It skips after I start playing it for a little bit. It doesn't skip massivly but, it does skip almost every song atleast once. I am almost positive it isn't the CD's I am putting in there. I was wondering how I would go about cleaning the actual CD Player.

Banned
    Dunk it in a sink full of water

Actually, get a can of air (if not already) and open the player (not the lid, the whole player) Give it a few shots of air to see some dust come out....

Also, check to see if something inside is not in line or off track....

Hope that helps....

Banned
    Get a CD lens cleaner and that should help you

Banned
    Forgot about that, good point Acid!

ok ill try both of those. but i dont need a cd lens cleaner, thats for cd's not the actaul player right?

The CD lens cleaner cleans the lens of the laser that reads the CD not the cd.

although i also have a question...is there anyway to recover a scratched up CD?
    -[h3llbringer] is back, again.
    -MSN CLoNE.

There is a gel basted solution that you put on the cd and buff it out but it wount help if its scratched to bad. I used on a couple of cd's with a 50% success rate.

Banned
    There are "tools" you can buy at either music shops or gaming stores...
    EB (Electronics Boutique) has a spinner device to fix it...

What it does is actually remove a layer from the cd, removing *most* scratches....

If the scratch is too deep, then the cd is lost....

Hit: A home remedie for scratched cd's is using toothpaste....

Yes I said toothpaste! Put the paste on the cd, rub it over with a clean cloth (not a paper towel or kleenex - leaves fibers) the clean it off with another cloth, leave it sit for a day and it *should* work....

TechieChick
    Supposedly Brasso works as well, i've not tried it but I've read some articles on it and have had more than one person insist that it works. Will have to try it with my next borked cd.

Fiber free cloth....coffee filters! I carry them with me for cleaning out printers.

First, get one of those little cd deals that they say are quote good for your cd player endquote. Then when that doesn't work, i would give up and either take it in to have someone look at it, or stop listening to CD's. (but that's just my opinion)