Donating Money.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donating Money.

Banned

Post Donating Money.

Hey guys i just thought id post a little something to encourge you guys to donate towards the MD cause.....

as most of you read here: http://www.antionline.com/jail.php

JP is doing a charity for people with the MD Desease...

I think more people should pitch in, even if its just 2 dollars it will still HELP alot, whats 2 dollars?? so dont buy that coke at work, drink some watter, in order to save someones life.

AO has about 90,000 members.... if 10% of you would donate 2 dollars each it would be 9,000 members times 2 bux each is $18,000 ..... thats NOT including the huge amount of moeny JP is donating out of his pocket.

Come on guys, give something back to the community, not ALOT just give something.
    I think that everyone should think about how they would feel if their family member had this desease and the doctors dont know how to treat it, all of this because people couldnt donate money towards teaching doctars about this desease.

Please just donate a few dollars. Thanks for all of you that already donated.

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    Check is in the mail.. Seriously.

On a personal note.. My cousin has this disease.

His name is Dan. He began feeling the effects of it in his early 20's. He slowly began to loose his strength year after year. Now he is 32 and is stuck in a wheelchair and can't take care of himslef. He doesn't even have enough strength to push himself around. This disease is slowly killing him. It is a very hard thing to deal with.

So Please, please donate whatever you can.

For once in my life I agree with Dome. Trust me I don't plan on making this a habit!
    You\'re either a 0 or a 1, alive or dead

Banned
    lol well thanks for agreenig with me Louie, but im serious about this, i just found out that thats what my grandpa died of...... he was wheelchair bound for a long time until his lung muscles gave out and thats what killed him, although i didnt know him too well because this happended at a young age, he was still missing in my life.

So PLEASE donate!

i think JP is going about this all wrong...

He insulted me when i did not understand the whole thing by calling me stupid

He makes a banner saying hes arrested to draw attension to it

He kicked and banned people from IRC for not donating

Hes PMSing in the forums now

im frankly sick of hearing about it, i am not going to donate money, i have to take care of myself and my friends and my family before i can worry about everyone elese and if hes going to be a banner whore im just going to leave till all this is gone

thats how i feel about the whole subject and dont bother yelling at me or calling me wrong cause thats how i feel and its going to get me alot of negative points but i truely dont give a fly ****

--NetSyN
    [shadow]i have a herd of 1337 sheep[/shadow]
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

Banned
    To clear things up, im NOT bashing everyion, just people who think lke NetSyN.
    --------------

1. JP DID NOT BAN ANYONE FOR NOT DONATING!!!!!! he might of banned people but that was not the reason.

2. well its SICK that you people dont want to donate 2 bux to a ****ing charity, this money does NOT go to JP it goes to a charity, have a ****ing heart.

3. JP is donating ALOT of money himself to this thing so dont think your the only people donating!

4. Its a publicity thing with the whole "getting arrested" celeberties do it all the time..... and if you didnt get it the first time(like me) there has been a clarification post up about it.

5. Instead of spending th extra 2 bux on a ****ing big mac with fries why dont you go eat at home that day and donate that money to a charity, and i dont want to hear u dont have money, im a 17 yearold working a **** miniumum wage job, i pay for my servers, internet account, car and everything on top of that and im STILL donating 50 bux.... so i dont want to hear the money situation from ANYONE cus he isnt asking for 50 he is asking for a buck or 2!!!!!

6. I hope this **** comes right back at all of you who dont give a ****, remember what goes around comes around, and you WILL get yours..... when your sick in the hospital with some desease your gonna bitch and moan about people not donating to help you..... heartless *******s is all you people are.

to each his own...

insult the way i think as much as u want, i am not heartless but there are many other cuases i have donated to in the past and i currently just cant be spending money on every cause that comes around... i donated over 250$ to 9/11 causes and i also have sent money to many fund raisers for health research for AIDs and CANCER that are at my school.. I also do volunter work during the summer at a nursing home

so bluntly put... re think what u said
    Worth should be judged on quality... Not apperance... Anyone can sell you **** inside a pretty box.. The only real gift then is the box..

Banned
    i mean come on NetSyn.... u spend alot of your time on this website, your an Adict, with 368 posts and alot of AntiPoints..... this should mean your a "respected member" well, this site is COMPLETELY free, and the ONE time JP asks for people to help with a cause thats not even for him personaly, he gets **** put in his face about it.....
    you guys come in here every day and post, go into the IRC every day and chat, u get ALOT of nice info, and now that you are asked to donate a single US Dollar to a charity you whine and whine and whine???? Thats just sick in my opinion

i dont like to repeat myself, so read my above post to answer ur last post dome

I came to this site because of it being a free site where i could learn and teach others and express my views, i did not come here to give away money to charitys... I need my money to survive also. You are 17 you said, are you currently paying for college by urself? cause i am and its a hell of alot of money to be paying and sadly to say i dont have money to be giving other people... Life is unfair more people are going to die tonight then are letters in this post of mine but there aint **** i can do to stop that... we are all going to die sometime and i do belive in this cause like most others... i dont have the money to be throwing into another cause

feel free to give them all the money you can, i encourage you to do what u belive is right.... but dont judge me as a bad person cause i wont send every person that needs money to fight a disease my money.

Banned
    Greetings All:

NetSyn is right in a way (although he's probably not doing the best of jobs expressing it). Charity does indeed begin at home.

However, I never did ban anyone, or do anything negative, or even say anything negative, towards someone that said that they aren't going to donate. I give a lot of money to a lot of different organizations each year (in the thousands of dollars), and I certainly know that you can't support every organization that comes along asking for a donation.

When I was first approached by the MDA (who I do give a donation to each year), I thought about their request for a while before giving them an answer. My thinking was as follows:

We have around 90,000 members. People from around the world, who share a common interest and desire to learn. We have worked on projects together, helped each other with technical problems, and have congradulated each other on the birth of babies, on weddings, graduations from college and highschool. We have talked to one another to help through difficult times, everyday work and school stresses, and life in general. To sum it all up, we are a community.

I thought that by having a cause, like the MDA, that everyone in the community could contribute to, even in a VERY small way, say $1 or $2, we could be proud as a group about how much our each individual efforts added up to one large contribution. Something that would give each of us a chance to feel good about ourselves, and about the community in which we are involved in. A chance to accomplish not only a personal good, but more importantly, a collective good.

I guess sometimes I just put a little bit too much faith in people. Yet another of my character flaws I suppose......