Questions for the JS/VBS guys.............

Thread: Questions for the JS/VBS guys.............

Question Questions for the JS/VBS guys.............

Just wondering about some things........... In your opinion(s), which language is more exploitable -- Java Scripting or Visual Basic Scripting ? When I mean more exploitable, I mean which language is more commonly used to be used to exploit bugs in software ? Which language can take advantage of these bugs the easiest (with less coding knowledge) ? Also, how long would it take to be intermediately saavy with these languages and how would you suggest that I learn ----- Online guides, buy books, cdroms, take classes ?? Hopefully this doesn't seem all too weird to you guys. Any opinions or help that I could get would be very much appreciated. Thanx.

ermm JAVA.. VB is not as widely used as JAVA...

Banned
    Oops! A bug! <-- Forum Title.

BLitzKrieG0187 <-- Lazy bum ignoring forum title.

JP <-- 'Since this is not a bug, I'm closing this thread'-Bug-exterminator.

Don't close it
    You\'re either a 0 or a 1, alive or dead

Flash M0nkey
    Oops! A bug! <-- Forum Title.

BLitzKrieG0187 <-- Lazy bum ignoring forum title.

JP <-- 'Since this is not a bug, I'm closing this thread'-Bug-exterminator.
    couldn't have said it better myself but i have only thing to add for the attention of our friend BLitzKrieG0187.....now i know that ur question could be legit - but i get a feeling that you have other intentions than securing your computer for this knowledge that you wish to recieve...if this is the case then perhaps AO is not the place for u

v_Ln

Banned
    Greetings All:

I'm moving this thread to the Programming forum where it belongs.

Webius Designerous Indiginous
    BLitzKrieG0187 , I would suggest that if you really want to learn how to make "patch" code for programs, learn c, c++, and perl. The easiest program to learn would prolly be python and VB. Java is prolly just a lil bit easier than c and c++. Perl definetly takes the cake though.

How to learn it? Well I began learning languages thru on-line tutorial websites like these:

For C and C++ goto Cprogramming.com

For VB goto VB-Helper.com

For Java goto Java.sun.com

For Python goto Python.org

For Perl goto Perl.com

Start out there and see which language you grasp best. After that go and pick up a book (or 2 like I do) and start reading it. Do all the exercises it outlines and you should be on your way.

Also before attempting any of these you should have a fairly good background knowledge on how applications talk to the OS and how the OS talks to the hardware. This will definetly make it easier on you in the long run.

Hope this helps.